UMass Lowell Redhawks at ORU

Otis 83

Maybe they will save the dogs till tomorrow and sell them at 50 Cents.....I would put O/U for Grip at a Bakers' Dozen.....Image result for hot dogs photos

1 hour ago, Bogus Smith said:

Which makes me wonder why he wasn't drafted, or why he didn't get a minor league contract after he led the league in hitting in the Pioneer League last summer.  He did latch on with another Independent League team for this summer, but that is a tough living to make.

He played so well last summer in the Pioneer League I really thought he would get invited to spring training by someone. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Maybe they will save the dogs till tomorrow and sell them at 50 Cents.....I would put O/U for Grip at a Bakers' Dozen.....Image result for hot dogs photos

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Shoot!  I may have to watch basketball now. 

• Haha 2

Good guys up 3-1 in the middle of the 5th. 

It has been the usual bumpy ride on the broadcast. The fill in announcer from Bartlesville is doing a fine job. I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone field a ball yet. Definitely have not seen any outfielders field a ball. In one inning the score graphic showed the ORU run total, and this is in order, to be 1,4,2 and again 1. 

But I am happy to be able to watch the game. 

• Haha 3

We are watching, too, and experiencing the same frustrations. 

Eagles allow 3 in top of the 9th and let UMass tie it up...THAT'S frustrating.

...and Breeze saves G1 with a walk-off single! Extra Twin Snake for Holden!!! 😆

• Like 2

Have another dog, brother! 🌭 😎 🌭 

• Haha 1

Otis and TTown, I am glad you posted about your frustrations watching the game.  I almost posted but got busy doing other things.  I do not know who was coordinating what shots we were viewing but is it that impossible to give us a shot where we can see the entire field at the same time including the outfield?  Seriously, watching a close up of the pitcher while he is pitching from a side angle so that is all you can see in terrible.  What is wrong with our athletic department?  It is embarrassing to say the least and also very annoying.  One last thing, did anyone else have the broadcast freeze up on them?

11 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Have another dog, brother! 🌭 😎 🌭 

Alas, watching on the run today. No $1 dogs for me...although for a double-header 12 would have been cake. 💪

No Dave Garrett, apparently. I wonder what happened. Disappointing.

50 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

Otis and TTown, I am glad you posted about your frustrations watching the game.  I almost posted but got busy doing other things.  I do not know who was coordinating what shots we were viewing but is it that impossible to give us a shot where we can see the entire field at the same time including the outfield?  Seriously, watching a close up of the pitcher while he is pitching from a side angle so that is all you can see in terrible.  What is wrong with our athletic department?  It is embarrassing to say the least and also very annoying.  One last thing, did anyone else have the broadcast freeze up on them?

My novice advice to the TV crew would be “follow the ball.“ We don’t need to see the batter run to first base… It’s a defined path and we’ve seen it many times before. However, we would like to see whether the ball is hit to the infield or outfield, or even over the fence! Follow the ball.

And, yes, our broadcast froze and we did not see the close score near the end. Perhaps game 2 will show improvement.

Otis, we are still grateful to be able to watch.

• Upvote 1

Same crappy production, same freezing of the screen and what an overall embarrassment.  This is hard to watch both literally and figuratively.  And yes, the wheels have come off.  In comparison to previous years, this team is a joke.  

That nightmare game over just in time for basketball to start! I don’t remember when I’ve watched this much ORU Team play in a single day!

On 3/7/2024 at 8:14 PM, ORU82 said:

If we do not sweep this team this weekend, there may be serious problems in River City.  BTW, no disrespect to the good people of UMass-Lowell.

There is officially trouble in River City blowing a 7-0 lead. With all due respect to the Redhawks. 

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't give up on this team yet!  This is baseball.  UML made some good plays and obviously hit the ball well.  Maybe they weren't as bad as we thought.

• Upvote 2