Central Michigan at ORU

Otis 83

Digging deep here friends but no one else started a thread 🤷‍♂️

Admittedly, these first two notes come straight from the ORU game notes.  The Chippewas are currently on a 6 game losing streak compared to ORU's 4 game losing streak.  I work with a lot of folks that are in Michigan so I understand Central Michigan has been on the road for the entire season so far.  They've been spending a lot of time in Texas and Oklahoma having dropped 4 to DBU and 2 to OSU.  Both series looked a lot like our trip to Waco.

As a team the Chippewas have a slash line of .243/.355/.337.  They average 1.6 HBP per game but that will likely go up over the next two game (sorry).  Not sure who we will face on the mound but their team ERA is 8.82 and they've given up 1.75 HR per game.  Between HBP and BB they average 7 free passes a game so patience at the plate should yield base runners.  Getting them in may be a different matter but it is hard to do one without first doing the other.

Not sure who we will have on the bump tonight but I have been told that Josh Caravalho has been cleared to pitch so maybe we will see him today or tomorrow.  This somewhat poorly written sentence from the game notes has to apply to home games for my man Connor.  I would have added at home after "scoreless relief" 🙂 

Conner Floyd looks to continue his dominance at JL Johnson Stadium. The right-handed reliever has thrown 8.2 innings of scoreless relief dating back to last season.

This doesn't seem to be a very threatening squad coming into JLJ but I just checked their RPI and at 209 they are above us on the chart, 278.  They appear to be a Summit caliber team so if we can't take two from these guys at home that could be a sign of trouble brewing.  

Let's right the ship and go into the UMass Lowell series with some momentum!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@orubaseball just posted on Twitter that Josh Caravalho gets the start.  I'm looking forward to seeing him pitch!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Heading over to take in a few innings!

• Like 1

Beautiful/slightly chilly evening at JLJ!

Strong 2nd plates 5 for the good guys. 

IMG_6411.jpeg

• Like 4

I am so stinking jealous.  I did have great seats for 3 games in Waco.

I'm very encouraged with Josh Caravalho's inning of work.  Hopefully that is a sign of things to come from that young man.

• Like 3

Well the Golden Eagles bounced back and rewarded the faithful with a big win tonight against the Chips.  Josh Caravalho pitches a flawless 3 up 3 down first inning throwing, I think, only 10 pitches.

ORU jumps on the Chips early and often with 5 runs in the second and 2 in the third.  Things got a little wonky with Central MI getting 3 in the 4th but the outcome was never really in doubt in my mind.  The runs just keep coming and ORU ends up winning 15-5.

Good bounce back for the team.  Hopefully we keep the momentum going tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

CMU is not a terrible team.  The Chips are predicted to finish third in the MAC, and took 3 of 4 on the road at Stephen Freaking Austin during the opening week, before being (as expected) handily swept at both DBU and OSU.  I noticed on the broadcast that they were quite upbeat in the dugout even down eight runs in the late innings, and then discovered that they scored ten runs in the ninth inning during one of their comeback wins against SFA.  Fortunately, history was not repeated tonight.

• Like 1

Yeah, they were quite boisterous and celebratory. Was a little annoying till I considered that’s actually how it should be: college life, playing sports, roadtrip…even with a L it’s a good life to be enjoyed whilst it can!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

They were loud and proud and I could hear it on the broadcast too.  I respect that.  No matter the score, a team should keep the energy up and support their teammates at the plate, in the field and on the mound.

• Upvote 5

TheEagleman glad to see ORU bounce back and a Great pic of JLJ...but Water in the foreground for Grip???...a Coors Banquet would have made for a better photo, sir.....Image result for coors banquet beer images

Would someone please explain why someone would use the word "would" so many times when some other stylistic trope would not read so much like an AI generated recap....would?

I mean, how many "woulds" would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck "would"?  🦫

https://oruathletics.com/news/2024/3/6/baseball-nichols-4-rbi-night-lifts-orubase-over-cmu.aspx

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman glad to see ORU bounce back and a Great pic of JLJ...but Water in the foreground for Grip???...a Coors Banquet would have made for a better photo, sir.....Image result for coors banquet beer images

Coors is nasty and made especially for the enjoyment of Philadelphia Eagles fans! 🤣

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I mean, how many "woulds" would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck "would"?  🦫

19 woulds.  That is pretty bad!

• Like 1

Geez...whoever wrote that is clearly not an ORU Comm Arts major.....and hopefully not on the Oracle Staff.....very painful indeed......and good to know that the Good Guys are 4-0 when scoring 10+ runs.....but unfortunately we are 1-7 when scoring less then 10 runs......😬

• Upvote 1

ORU Baseball announces on Twitter that Keaton Ruthardt is on the mound for the Golden Eagles.  I met Keaton's father on Sunday, the day after Keaton struggled to find the zone and was heckled by a real jerk on the Baylor side.  Hoping Keaton has better control today.  

Dylan Wipperman gets the start at second for the second day in a row as Coach Fulmer seems to be trying to plug the hole in the batting order that is second base.  In Waco, I saw to different second baseman drop their averages below .100 as they struggled at the plate.

Top of the 4th and the Golden Eagles have a 3-0 lead but, stop me if you've heard this before, 8 left on base!  Ruthardt in the midst of his longest effort for ORU.  He was sharp the first time through order but has given up two hits so far in the 4th as he attempts to navigate the order for the second time.  

• Upvote 1

I think Miller Lite is the official beer of the Eagles.....that's awful stuff.....Coors Light is VERY nasty but Coors Banquet is pretty tasty....oh it's not Dos Eqqis or Modelo but TheEagleman is satified.....A Sam Adams Winter Lager or Cold Snap whets the whistle also......GO BLUE!!!   🍺😎🍺

Good Guys hang on over CMU 10-7. ORU now 6-7 with UMass-Lowell coming to town....pitching still needs to ramp it up....we have to visit #2 Arkansas next week....😬

• Like 1