ORU at SDSU

titansforever

Just a reminder that this Saturday's game will be televised on the CBS Sports Network, at 3:00 p.m.

We can only hope tonight's game was a wake up call.  ORU played horrible vs KC and then bounced back vs Denver.  Maybe that will happen again.  Not saying they will win but at least be competitive.

• Like 2

HOW MANY WAKE-UP CALLS DOES SOMEONE NEED??

At some point you either have to get up, or just stay in bed...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

They need about a dozen wake up calls!  One every other game!

3 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

Start the bench.

I second that motion.

• Upvote 1

Fortunately TheEagleman has a prior engagement tomorrow afternoon and will not be watching this game in Brookings and not sure i even want to DVR...the Jacks are mediocre this year but I don't have a very good feeling about this game after last night...Jacks rested and ready and all the home teams won last night in the Summit....i am still very discouraged.....SDSU 89  ORU 79.........ugh.....:sdsu:

• Haha 1

Hope is a very important thing. So I hope we finish the season strong but realistically I hope Springman cleans house where need be and gets us players that will play for him and want to win every time they step onto the court! The portal needs to be our best friend and or juco players.

We need a true point guard (ala  Adam Liberty or Rod Pearson) along with post players who can defend & rebound. Not sure we have staff that can coach/teach/nurture post players. If not, we need someone who is capable of doing that.

As St. Thomas has shown and our teams over the past several years demonstrated, basketball is a team sport that is ultimately reliant on fundamental skills (rebounding, collective defense, passing, etc. ). This year’s team seems to be off kilter; too much dribbling, lackadaisical defense and weak rebounding. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, OKC Eagle said:

Start the bench.

The bench players should start 100%.

The players getting the majority of the minutes so far treat it like an AAU game.

Play guys that will give max effort and build for next season.

• Upvote 1

Doc has spoken wisely.....and TheEagleman thinks that if Coach goes with the same line up as last night then I have to revise my prediction....Jacks 97 ORU 69 :sdsu:

This may sound crazy in light of how bad Thursday night was, but I wouldn’t be stunned if ORU plays SDSU somewhat close. 

It’s just a better match-up for ORU, and the Jacks have shown a penchant for being soft defensively and sloppy offensively. 

SDSU leading wire-to-wire would not be a shock; nether would ORU at least hanging close till the end.

• Upvote 4

TheEagleman after 36 hours of cooling off has to agree with Old Titan.....no telling which Golden Eagle team will show up in Brookings this afternoon....expecting that the Good Guys may very well show some fight on national TV today after that butt whipping on Thursday Night vs. St. Thomas.....maybe they will even win one for Toby Keith today....hoping for the best and we need our upperclassmen leaders to show up in a big road match up....this contest will show us what kind of heart (if any) ORU has.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-blue:

• Like 1

Good start by ORU and the defense was solid giving the Eagles a 20-9 lead.  Then SDSU basically had a lay up line again the rest of the half.  This team is so up and down all year.  Nothing new.

We really don’t have an offensive system, do we?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

This coaching staff is getting these results with players who have had previous success.

Recruiting is falling off. So, what exactly is the expected result for future seasons if ORU can’t retain THIS talent level?

Not good.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

We really don’t have an offensive system, do we?

We do! Let McBride, Thompson and Bedford play ISO ball, and whatever happens happens 🫠

• Like 1