South Dakota 1/11

Old Titan

If this ticket belongs to ANY of you, we should probably talk... 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Must be someone with more dollars than sense! Or else they have inside information. Better really watch refs tonight for blatantly  bad calls!

I thought Eaglemann gave up gambling, drinking, chasing women, etc. etc. etc and on and on last year!  What happened?😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

This is just a bet of final score being under 156, correct? (No winner or loser named).

I had noticed the O/U in the 156+ range, and it did seem awfully high, considering the average ppg of each team. Since this bet, the O/U has declined to 153.5. 

It wasn't TheEagleman....honest! Looks like ORU played well tonight and picked up a solid 84-66 win....Love it! St. Thomas coming to town next. Go Blue!! :shield-logo:

4 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

This is just a bet of final score being under 156, correct? (No winner or loser named).

I had noticed the O/U in the 156+ range, and it did seem awfully high, considering the average ppg of each team. Since this bet, the O/U has declined to 153.5. 

“Winner, winner, chicken dinner” for this ticket:  even with all the garbage scoring late, it went easily under the 156 total.

1 minute ago, Old Titan said:

“Winner, winner, chicken dinner” for this ticket:  even with all the garbage scoring late, it went easily under the 156 total.

That’s crazy. 

That’s why they call them “professional” gamblers 

• Haha 1

ORU forced 18 turnovers and the defense was solid.  They took care of business and won by 18, just as they should at home.  Jones and Weaver were solid off the bench and Kareem had a double double.  Good overall team effort.  Go Eagles!

• Upvote 1

Game started out good for ORU and turned sloppy for a while but ORU got it together in the 2nd half and did what they were supposed to. I really like how Josh Jones is improving. He showed some good muscle tonight. We are really blessed to have guards like McBride  and Thompson who are arguably P5 type  players . DJ shot and played well as did Bedford. I am so impressed with Trey Phipps who has seemed to learn his role and is making good decisions. He has become an asset. Tougher game on Saturday as the Tommies had a tough loss at home tonight and will be hungry for a win.

• Upvote 2

I saw most of the second half. It was a weird game. The score was tight up until about 5 minutes left, but it never felt like ORU was in danger of losing. It was almost like both teams knew who would win and were just going through the motions. Then, around the 5 minute mark, ORU came alive and blew them out. 

35 minutes ago, Idig32 said:

I saw most of the second half. It was a weird game. The score was tight up until about 5 minutes left, but it never felt like ORU was in danger of losing. It was almost like both teams knew who would win and were just going through the motions. Then, around the 5 minute mark, ORU came alive and blew them out. 

The guest that was sitting with me said the same thing. We were getting so outrebounded then we did better in that area and pulled away. 
probably also felt that way because everyone was contributing in scoring for us, and they were relying on a couple shooters to get hot or their post play. 

Game was reduced to a crawl in the second half as ORU ran yet another new offense, featuring a guard/post iso on one side with the other three guys just standing still watching on the other side.  It was like watching paint dry as the guard woud dribble and probe and dribble and probe and then force a late shot.  Shouldn't be that hard to get a good shot.

First half run was a lot more entertaining and productive with the full-court pressure on defense - loved that!

And Jalen Miller is quickly becoming my favorite player.  Dude is an ELITE defender; long sleeves and a thick core, and can REALLY cover ground in help situations.  He's been obviously well-coached on the defensive front.  And he's always encouraging and talking-up his teammates while enjoying the game himself.  Like a cross between Earl McClellan and Caleb Green when it comes to joy of playing and being a leader - really like this guy!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

A meager 3517 in attendance last night to watch ORU vs. USD.....are the students back yet or not until next week??.....we need a large and boisterous crowd on Saturday vs. St. Thomas....hoping Grip and OKCEagle will be leading the charge.....:tb-blue:

7 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

A meager 3517 in attendance last night to watch ORU vs. USD.....are the students back yet or not until next week??.....we need a large and boisterous crowd on Saturday vs. St. Thomas....hoping Grip and OKCEagle will be leading the charge.....:tb-blue:

Students start returning this weekend. Classes begin on Tuesday. There was a chance that the weather would turn bad last evening (mostly after the time a game usually ends), so some folks might have decided not to take a chance and come watch. While we were at the game, it was raining outside, and as we left, there was a crazy lightning show that went on for a while.

1 hour ago, titansforever said:

Students start returning this weekend. Classes begin on Tuesday. There was a chance that the weather would turn bad last evening (mostly after the time a game usually ends), so some folks might have decided not to take a chance and come watch. While we were at the game, it was raining outside, and as we left, there was a crazy lightning show that went on for a while.

And yet there were still 50-75 students hugging the rail next to the Pep Band, and no doubt dozens more scattered throughout the lower bowl (saw several in my section).

In short, STILL more students - by FAR - than at any TU game in years! 🤭

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

It may have been meager by ORU standards, but the attendance of 3,517 exceeded the attendance of all three other Men's Summit League games played on Thursday night...COMBINED.😲

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I really think the Thur.-Sat. configuration for conference play hurts family attendance.

Family members who aren't big fans of attending in person aren't crazy about two games out of three nights in a row.  The true fans in the family are left with having to compromise by choosing just one of the two games, which typically ends up beng the Saturday night contest.

Editor's Note:   Like how I kept that whole diatribe gender-neutral?  Can't accuse me of blaming the moms out there for Thursday night attendance, no sir-ee!  LOL

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1