ORU at Denver

theeagleman5

19 minutes ago, ORU40 said:

That's usually good for the players. It's always easy to jump on the refs, like with the 3 second lane violation call on Sir Isaac. But as a player you want the ref's talking to you, they will usually say things like "get out of the lane 22" or "get your hand off 40" which is giving a player a little warning. It's the baseline ref, and he's behind you as a player but you definitely hear it. If Herron was getting warnings and ignoring them, then don't be surprised with the call. Most refs give you a verbal, if you don't listen... it's on you. It's the refs that don't talk to you that you need to worry about!

Even with 10,000 people going nuts and you can't even hear the ball bouncing; you can always hear the refs, your teammates and your coach (sometimes...if you want to)!

Exactly.  And it appeared to be the rare call Riggs DIDN'T want to make; afterward he was shaking his head and shrugging toward Coach Springmann, as if to say, "What am I supposed to do?  The guy's camped out in there!" 

Which, if you go back and watch the replay, he was... 🤦‍♂️

Kareem had the first double rebounding effort of the season for ORU: 22 points and 10 rebounds versus Denver.  I think he is the Eagles best rebounder and defender.  He just continues to do it all and is closing in on the 1,000 point club.  

Denver was a better matchup for ORU then KC.  The Pioneers are not real tough but play fast/uptempo, which I think fits more with ORU's style.  Even though the Eagles are not scoring as much as in the past, they still operate better in a fast paced game instead of the grind it out style of basketball.

On 1/1/2024 at 5:59 PM, Old Titan said:

Exactly.  And it appeared to be the rare call Riggs DIDN'T want to make; afterward he was shaking his head and shrugging toward Coach Springmann, as if to say, "What am I supposed to do?  The guy's camped out in there!" 

Which, if you go back and watch the replay, he was... 🤦‍♂️

See, I got confused. I thought we were talking about what a poor ref Mark Riggs was. But after reading these two posts I'm thinking he must be the best official in the Summit League lineup!! I just wish all the refs we deal with had his rare gifts of keen eyes and gregariousness!!😉

• Haha 2