ORU at Denver

theeagleman5

TheEagleman doesn't even know how to begin this....its probably best just to keep my mouth shut except to say that it's almost a slam dunk that ORU will start the Summit season 0-2...and I expect several slam dunks against us tomorrow afternoon.....the good thing is that I won't be watching since I will be at Cards vs. Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field....hoping I am wrong but the Good Guys come up short again.....Denver 82  ORU 73.......😬:tb-blue:😥

Denver only -2.5....sorry but that's a giveaway. Vegas must have missed ORUs effort or lack of it vs. KC....too bad ThEagleman isn't wagering any longer....😜

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Denver only -2.5....sorry but that's a giveaway. Vegas must have missed ORUs effort or lack of it vs. KC....too bad ThEagleman isn't wagering any longer....😜

Or maybe Denver isn’t very good. I honestly don’t know. Like you said, ORU isn’t very good right now either. We can hope that the KC game was just a result of the Christmas break hangover and that they’re locked in against Denver. 

• Like 1

Denver (9-5) victory at Omaha by 15  last night is their most impressive win.....Pioneers came off the Christmas break on a mission while ORU just stayed on break....time to wake up lads!! :circle-logoi:

Denver is a much different team than KC.  They want to play uptempo and score a lot of points.  Their defense is average at best.  Not sure which ORU team will show up, one never knows these days.  Coach Springmann is in a rebuild as we talked about most of the summer.  Not expecting a win but just hope the guys play hard with some passion.

Thanks for asking Mrs. Smith.  No not this year but last year sure was fun watching the Eagles win 80-62. 

Starting Jones and Herron tonight. Hoping that helps with rebounding....

Just now, Eaglefan 21 said:

Starting Jones and Herron tonight. Hoping that helps with rebounding....

Nevermind, the announcers had it wrong. Phipps is starting instead of jones

Happy Belated Birthday tmh8286!  Just what you wanted for the day after your birthday, a Golden Eagle WIN!!!

• Like 2

What a game and victory for ORU!  The guys came out with fight, passion, life, etc and pulled out the overtime victory!  Nice block by Herron at the end to finish the game.  This is the Eagle team I thought would show up in KC but at least they got a split on the road.

• Upvote 3

What a gritty win!

Only got to listen to the first half; looking forward to watching the replay in the morning.

• Upvote 2

It was really a team win with 11 guys seeing action but Thompson/McBride hit the big shots at the end.  That is what seniors do!  ORU had 11 blocks and was even on the boards.  Smith reminds me of Elijah Luflie,  strong and very good around the rim.  He is going to face the hack a shack, so needs to work on the free throws.

This was day and night from the KC game.  What a way to end 2023.  Happy New Year everybody!

• Like 3

The depth of this team was on display today. The rebounding was solid and Miller’s defense on Bruner was excellent. That was a good, gutsy win and we got the road split! 

• Upvote 5

Nice effort and win on the road. Good to see that we at least tied Denver in rebounds (42) as well as offensive rebounds (15). 

• Upvote 2

What a great New Year’s Eve present! Our veterans stepped up but even equally important some our new guys made a big impact. Ashton has the potential to be a beast and sir Isaac stepped up when he needed too. We finally did decent on rebounding. Both teams had 47 rebounds. The hardest part of having a lot of young players is the roller coaster ride. Hopefully the guys build confidence from this win and build on it. It would be great to steal a win at Montana State! Seeing the team battle is extremely encouraging!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

What a gritty win!

Only got to listen to the first half; looking forward to watching the replay in the morning.

I was hoping to watch the replay tonight but I guess they've got a lot on their hands at MidCo sports.  Is there a high school hockey tournament in Bismark today?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Otis 83 said:

I was hoping to watch the replay tonight but I guess they've got a lot on their hands at MidCo sports.  Is there a high school hockey tournament in Bismark today?

What the heck MidCo sports? 😂