Beat TU T-Shirts!

maniac prez

We can ship them anywhere, we will probably be sending one to New Jersey. We can give you the mailing address that you can send a check to (until we get a pay-pal account set up) and then we will send you a shirt. If you will email us your shipping address, we will find out how much it will cost to send it, and then we will email you back. We will also have more gear coming during the Christmas break time, so keep checking for that (there should be some cool shirts).

Hey guys, the Maniacs that buy the shirts are being encouraged to wear them under their superhero gear (capes and such). Thanks again for all the kind words, I really appreciate it, it helps to know that others think we're doing well. And as far as TU being comfortable on Saturday, I can guarantee right now, that there will be no comfort for them in there, if we don't win by 25 I consider this game a disappointment. The Mayor's Cup stays here!!!!!

P.S. If you want a shirt, you can "order it" now, and we can have it at the game by 6 so that you could wear it to the game, just give us an email at mabeemaniacs@yahoo.com

I love you ManiacPrez, but I'll take a 1 point win over TU. Expecting a 25 point win, while possible, is a bit over the edge. Whether some TU fans want to admit this game means a lot, the TU players and staff want this game REALLY BAD! They will come out and give us their best shot.

Look, I've been around enough rivalry games (this one included) and the underdog USUALLY comes up big.

I have no real expectations of a TU upset for Saturday. However, as Voice indicated, they can, and do, happen. TU's team "grew up" a lot in the game last night, just look at the second half performance. And that was done with our best player in foul trouble. (CR sat for all but 9 minutes of the second half)

Players get up for the BIG games. OU was a big game in 2 ways.

1) It was an instate Rival.

2) OU was ranked #5 coming into the game.

ORU is a big game for a couple of reasons,

1) A crosstown Rivalry

2) Local pride

Another valid point Voice makes, is that many TU fans will publically blowoff the suggestion that this game means nothing to them and everything to ORU. They are kidding themselves, as this game also holds significance in repairing their bruised egos which is now entering it's 3rd year of dispair.

I don't feel particularly comfortable about the ORU/TU game. I'm certainly not expecting a blowout. In the games so far, overall our defense has stepped up dramatically over past years, primarily because of improved athleticism, I think, but we're still a little soft under the basket. Many of St. Greg's points came off of baseline moves and easy layups. Part of this may be due to foul trouble Caleb found himself in in Alaska, causing him to lay off a bit in a game that we controlled, but it is a vulnerability. Also, we found that when Caleb IS in foul trouble, we have a lot more trouble scoring.

We've GOT to shoot a minimum of 40-45% to win, in my opinion. Did you notice last night that OU only shot 39% for the game? Probably a lot due to not getting the ball inside for high percentage shots, as well as going cold outside, hitting only 4-20. Their athleticism really kept them in it. If we have a poor shooting night we may very well have trouble Saturday.

The game against St. Gregory served as a good tune-up for the game against TU, just as the game against OU served as a good tune-up for them. Both games served to give confidence to the teams, in different ways, and I'm predicting a MUCH closer match-up than I would have two weeks ago.

I posted a comment yesterday on another thread that this series is replete with examples of over-achievement. I think the OU-TU game results will add alot of excitement to this year's Mayor's Cup game and that is a good thing. Their is always alot at stake and this year is no exception. Agree OU is highly over-rated at #5, but that is not to take away from TU's effort last night. We need 40 minutes of intensity Saturday night to keep the Sheriff's star on South Lewis.

Another valid point Voice makes, is that many TU fans will publically blowoff the suggestion that this game means nothing to them and everything to ORU. They are kidding themselves, as this game also holds significance in repairing their bruised egos which is now entering it's 3rd year of dispair.

LOL, no doubt.

Especially after what occured in the Reynolds Center last year!

UGH!

hey guys, just wanted to let you know that we will be selling the rest of our Beat TU shirts to the Golden Eagles Club at the game tomorrow, so if any of you were wanting to buy one, this is your chance!!! You can check out the shirts by clicking the link at the very top of this thread. I can't wait for tomorrow night!!!