• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vcboy2000

• Texasgrip

• tmh8286

• ORUIsbig

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what it would take to beat BYU at home with these refs.  Could we have this group of refs for all of our home games?  I could use some home cookin'.

That game was in reach. With one player left on the floor (tutt) what can you do.  I am proud of the effort. And liberty stayed in the game.  Would have been nice to have ehambe healthy.  

Why not some Haynes for some 3 shooting there at the end?

We were a victim to a little home cooking, but I'm a firm believer that refs don't lose games. Players and coaches do. We got beat on the boards very badly and didn't have a bench when we needed it most. Shawn King and Spicer have to continue to get better.

We were a victim to a little home cooking, but I'm a firm believer that refs don't lose games. Players and coaches do. We got beat on the boards very badly and didn't have a bench when we needed it most. Shawn King and Spicer have to continue to get better.

I'd still like to see the box score...fouls, etc.

We actually played them better and closer than I thought we would.  Officiating was pretty much what we thought it would be down there.  I thought we hung in there pretty well.  Let us play that game again on a neutral floor and I think we win it.  

But BYU played well.  It's a shame that they opened up as wide of a lead as they did at the end, because it wasn't indicative of the closeness of the game.

Tonight was a GREAT learning experience for our team.  Tough environment, adversity, but they kept fighting.  They had a chance to work without the star on the floor.  All of that can't help but make us better for conference.

I swear sometimes, reading this board you'd think that ORU should be 13-0 if it wasn't for officiating.  I'll give you the Arkansas game, but this one, I think a much bigger problem would be getting defensive rebounds on just 25 out of BYU's 44 missed shots.  There aren't many games where teams will win when giving up that many offensive boards.

I'd still like to see the box score...fouls, etc.

According to BYU's live stats, ORU got called for 19 fouls to BYU's 16, and attempted 20 free throws to BYU's 17.

I swear sometimes, reading this board you'd think that ORU should be 13-0 if it wasn't for officiating. 

I agree.

First of all, it's typical for most boards, including your own, to complain about officiating.  Secondly, our big men were in foul trouble for much of the game.  It's pretty hard to battle under the boards when you're loaded up with fouls.  

But thanks for your input.

its not how many, its which ones: its calling bogus afoul on Caleb when surrounded by 3 defenders by an official away from the ball.

Thank you.

its not how many, its which ones: its calling bogus afoul on Caleb when surrounded by 3 defenders by an official away from the ball.

Conference teams may bot be as talented as BYU, but what happens if we get hosed by the refs at Southern Utah and Caleb fouls out? Bottom line is we have got to have better production from our two reserve post players, especially Shawn King.