No Rest for the Weary?

Old Titan

27 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

After looking at last year's box score, I'm now expecting both Kareem and Issac to start, but neither should play more than 20 minutes.

....and DJ should not start.  With no one taller than 6'5" on the OCC team, DJ would be a giant amongst boys.  Josh Jones can take care of those duties.

TheEagleman noticed the comment and loved the Ozark Mountain Daredevils.....methinks that was a hit during my days at ORU.....mid 70s.....😎

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Old Titan said:

I'm just bummed that NO ONE got my "Ozark Christian/Ozark Mountain Daredevils" mash-up that was frankly the ONLY reason I posted about this dog of a game in the first place.

Come to think of it, their one hit "Jackie Blue" WAS almost fifty years ago - geez, I'm gettin' old...  👴

I got it, FWIW. Just didn't feel the need to comment . . .

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Old Titan said:

I'm just bummed that NO ONE got my "Ozark Christian/Ozark Mountain Daredevils" mash-up that was frankly the ONLY reason I posted about this dog of a game in the first place.

Come to think of it, their one hit "Jackie Blue" WAS almost fifty years ago - geez, I'm gettin' old...  👴

It was not their one hit. They also charted with If You Want to Get to Heaven.  I believe that to be their best song. 

30 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

It was not their one hit. They also charted with If You Want to Get to Heaven.  I believe that to be their best song. 

Correct; they can join Golden Earring in the pantheon of “Two Hit Wonders”. #RadarLove  #TwilightZone(WhenTheBulletHitsTheBone)

• Like 1

TheEagleman prefers Bad to the Bone by George Thoroughgood and The Destroyers....🤩

46 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Correct; they can join Golden Earring in the pantheon of “Two Hit Wonders”. #RadarLove  #TwilightZone(WhenTheBulletHitsTheBone)

💪💪🎵🎶

42 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman prefers Bad to the Bone by George Thoroughgood and The Destroyers....🤩

Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

18 hours ago, Old Titan said:

With any luck this season will present us with opportunities to reference Black Oak Arkansas, The Amazing Rhythm Aces and the Climax Blues Band.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, ORUSwagger said:
22 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Thanks Swagger for the latest reminder that I'm old.

7 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

With any luck this season will present us with opportunities to reference Black Oak Arkansas, The Amazing Rhythm Aces and the Climax Blues Band.

I think you’ve successfully listed every artist on one of my K-Tel greatest hits albums, purchased circa 1975.

Maybe throw Mountain and Sugarloaf in there as well. #MississippiQueen #GreenEyedLady

9 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I think you’ve successfully listed every artist on one of my K-Tel greatest hits albums, purchased circa 1975.

Maybe throw Mountain and Sugarloaf in there as well. #MississippiQueen #GreenEyedLady

Nice job bringing in Ram Jam but you left out Edgar Winter Group and Focus. 

• Upvote 1

Green Eyed Lady is a classic....TheEagleman once met David Gates at the Southroads Mall...maybe 1973.... Guessing that place is long gone? 😬

11 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Green Eyed Lady is a classic....TheEagleman once met David Gates at the Southroads Mall...maybe 1973.... Guessing that place is long gone? 😬

It's no longer a mall. Now it's a shopping center with about 7 stores and an AMC theater.

• Upvote 1

Also ran into Leon Russell in downtown Tulsa in a restaurant circa about 1975....wish we had been able to take selfies back then...that would be a real keeper....guessing many on this board will have to google Leon Russell and David Gates.....image.png.d7bca083683e03b4a61f104dd16a53d2.pngimage.png.09c01797c53ec3b471c8ab95c0c0143f.png

Two of Tulsa's greatest but you can't leave out The Gap Band, Elvin Bishop or JJ Cale.  

Long after you were gone Eagleman, Leon Russell did an in studio performance at KMOD and performed Somewhere Over the Rainbow because, he said "after all this is the Rainbow Station."

#drivingthistopicintoaditch

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

Two of Tulsa's greatest but you can't leave out The Gap Band, Elvin Bishop or JJ Cale.  

Long after you were gone Eagleman, Leon Russell did an in studio performance at KMOD and performed Somewhere Over the Rainbow because, he said "after all this is the Rainbow Station."

#drivingthistopicintoaditch

Don't apologize, Otis - this is my favorite thread of the season so far!

I used to have Leon's entire 1979 KMOD interview on a cassette tape that was sadly stolen from my Mustang convertible back in the '90's.  His version of "Over The Rainbow" was the highlight of several songs he performed in the studio that day (check out his "Leon Live" album for a handful of the same songs).

Best line from the interview:  after disc jockey Charlie West made some disparaging remarks regarding disco music (in hopes of eliciting a similar reaction from Leon), the legendary "Master of Space & Time" simply replied:  "Well to me, the good thing about disco is, it's got white people back dancing again." 😎

Ahhhhh....what a great rendition of the Judy Garland Classic....this is a wonderful thread......Leon passed away at 74 in 2016 and TheEagleman didn't realize that a memorial service was held at Mabee Center.....Leon Russell is a true American Music Icon....Tightrope may be one of my favorite songs ever......David Gates turned 83 today and doesn't perform any longer from what I have read.....another great from the 70s and 80s....Bread was an outstanding group and I used to listen to them when i was on Youngblood/5 Yellow.....Baby I'm a Want You.......😍

• Like 1