Summit League Basketball Media Day - live broadcast 9/10/23

Old Titan

On 10/12/2023 at 2:47 PM, theeagleman5 said:

88...maybe TheEagleman is old or just crazy but I get chills when i hear stuff like that....this is what ORU is all about......I gotta bring my grandson down for a visit....he needs to experience 7777 So. Lewis.....:tb-blue:

You have a place to stay if you come to Tulsa.

• Upvote 1

Went back and listened to McBride's interview and he mentioned he is a perfectionist.  He practices even on the night before the Summit League Media Days.  Do you think he feels the pressure of taking over for Max and a team that went 30-5?  Coach said McBride does not have to be Max but it is just human nature to know that he needs to fill those shoes to the best of his ability.  I am not saying he has to be Max but however we want to spin it, McBride still needs to be the man/dude/star in 23-24.

It is challenging to lead a team that is coming off a 30 win season because no matter how good you are, ORU has no where to go but down.  Even if they have a huge year and say go 22-9.  It is still a small step down.  Everyone likes to come in as the man when the team is say 8-22 because then you can only go up.  Just tossing these ideas around for discussion, any thoughts on these topics: how does McBride handle stepping into such big shoes?

I think McBride will do a great job. I expect him to play at a faster pace than Max did. One big question mark is how well the other players will adapt to the new version of the team. I think we will have a team that ORU will be proud of.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1