Has Anyone Noticed???

Guest Rob Marshall

Guest EagleBackr

FACT: Your losses have to been to decent teams and your wins have against crappy teams. Who cares if you beat Sagarin 231, 1 win USC and Sagarin 165, 1 win Monmouth.

If you wanna get all nerdy with the FACTS, WD, it should be pointed out that USC has TWO wins - they won both games in Alaska after losing to ORU. And using Sagarin ratings (or any computer-generated formula) the last week in November is a joke - there are teams listed right now in the Top 20 of Sagarin, Pomeroy, and Jerry Palm's ratings that will end up ranking below 150th by season's end, and vice versa...

P.S. The Mid-Major Top 25 pollsters must think more of our "crappy" wins and "decent" losses than you: their poll that came out today has ORU at #10 (down from preseason #6), and ORU is the HIGHEST RANKED TEAM with 2 losses. Other notables: upcoming ORU opponent Missouri State (formerly SMS) at #30, TU vanquisher Cal State-Northridge #42, Monmouth #45, ORU opponent Louisiana-Lafayette #49, and Valpo #57

Not taking sides against 'The Family', but I Wonder if Scott Sutton being the chair of the poll has anything to do with it. :wink:

If you wanna get all nerdy with the FACTS, WD, it should be pointed out that USC has TWO wins - they won both games in Alaska after losing to ORU. And using Sagarin ratings (or any computer-generated formula) the last week in November is a joke - there are teams listed right now in the Top 20 of Sagarin, Pomeroy, and Jerry Palm's ratings that will end up ranking below 150th by season's end, and vice versa...

P.S. The Mid-Major Top 25 pollsters must think more of our "crappy" wins and "decent" losses than you: their poll that came out today has ORU at #10 (down from preseason #6), and ORU is the HIGHEST RANKED TEAM with 2 losses. Other notables: upcoming ORU opponent Missouri State (formerly SMS) at #30, TU vanquisher Cal State-Northridge #42, Monmouth #45, ORU opponent Louisiana-Lafayette #49, and Valpo #57

Exactly how is the Mid Major Top 25 any more important than the skewed early season ratings of Sagarin, Pomeroy, or any other mathematical poll.

As for the "HIGHEST RANKED TEAM with 2 losses" in the mid major poll.

Whoo hoo?

What do you want? A "Beat TU ' shirt?

As for USC's 2 wins. A BIG single digit win over 1-3 EWU and DII Alaska Anchorage? Be loud. Be Proud!

LOL.

I LIKE that, WD! A "Beat TU" shirt for a prize! Very funny.

You're right, mathematical rankings are useless this time of year. I usually don't even look at them till after Dec. I think that a poll-type ranking is slightly more useful early on, because those polled have the ability to look at subjective info about each team, rather than basing the ranking on stats alone. However, neither of these have much bearing on end-of-season standings.

I'm happy about the wins that we have, though I wish we'd won our other two very close games. One we lost in OT, the other by 3 in regulation. Think how different everyone would feel about our season if we'd only made two or three more baskets at critical times in 160 minutes of play.

Guest EagleBackr
Exactly how is the Mid Major Top 25 any more important than the skewed early season ratings of Sagarin, Pomeroy, or any other mathematical poll.

As for the "HIGHEST RANKED TEAM with 2 losses" in the mid major poll.

Whoo hoo?

What do you want? A "Beat TU ' shirt?

As for USC's 2 wins. A BIG single digit win over 1-3 EWU and DII Alaska Anchorage? Be loud. Be Proud!

LOL.

Ah, WD - once again you refuse to let the FACTS stand in the way of a ridiculous post: USC beat Eastern Washington by 18 points. Yes, the Trojans only beat the HOST TEAM by one - the same very respectable bunch that upset mid-major darling Southern Illinois the night before. And that's why POLLS are better than COMPUTERS this time of year - people can draw rational conclusions about teams and situations that computers simply can't analyze. And to think all this pontification about strength of schedule coming from the fan of a team that hasn't played ANYONE from a major conference yet, and is STILL gloating about it's lone victory over a vagabond TA&M-CC team that is barely in Division 1...

Ah, WD - once again you refuse to let the FACTS stand in the way of a ridiculous post: USC beat Eastern Washington by 18 points. Yes, the Trojans only beat the HOST TEAM by one - the same very respectable bunch that upset mid-major darling Southern Illinois the night before. And that's why POLLS are better than COMPUTERS this time of year - people can draw rational conclusions about teams and situations that computers simply can't analyze. And to think all this pontification about strength of schedule coming from the fan of a team that hasn't played ANYONE from a major conference yet, and is STILL gloating about it's lone victory over a vagabond TA&M-CC team that is barely in Division 1...

Ok, my bad.

18 point win over USC, 1 point win over the D2 host.

11/25 E Wash W 69-51

11/26 AlasAnch W 57-56

Be loud, be PROUD!

Oh, Where did your jackass self see me gloating about TU's win or SOS?

I don't think I even did a "Game Thoughts" thread on that one. We barely won against a bad a team? Same reason I didn't comment on either one of ORU's 2 wins. I have also mentioned at least a dozen times that TU's weak SOS is just what they need.

Hey Ashley.....assuming ORU & TU both play their absolute best on saturday, who wins and by how many?

Btw, hope to see you wearing the Mad Dog t-shirt wednesday night. I'm going with an OU fan and hope that TU can keep it close, so I can give her grief...

If ORU plays its best of the year and TU does the same, I would say ORU by 15 in a game that was never in doubt the last 15 minutes.

ash =o)

If ORU plays its best of the year and TU does the same, I would say ORU by 15 in a game that was never in doubt the last 15 minutes.

ash =o)

As long as it is better than last years game! UGH!

I debated volunteering to pull liquor bottles out of toilets last year during the 2nd half it was so bad.

Wow, Weatherdemon, were we at the same game? I was loving it!

Except for the TU fan behind us that asked us to sit down because we were stading when cheering for our team.

That stuff happens both places.

Wow, Weatherdemon, were we at the same game? I was loving it!

Except for the TU fan behind us that asked us to sit down because we were stading when cheering for our team.

That stuff happens both places.

Did you inform them that it's a basketball game? Maybe that would have helped smooth things over. :P:wink:

Did you inform them that it's a basketball game? Maybe that would have helped smooth things over. :P:wink:

Some TU fans think all sporting evens should be like chess tournaments.

Everyone sitting down... quietly.

Some TU fans think all sporting evens should be like chess tournaments.

Everyone sitting down... quietly.

My son and his friends were asked to sit down by ORU fans in the closing minutes of the Utah State Game. Why were they even there? My son and his buddies just ignored the request. At TU we sat down as requested, but remained irritated through the rest of the game.

Me and a friend were asked to sit down at the RenCen during the WAC tournament championship game vs. Hawaii a few years back!

Can you imagine it.....The Voice standing, cheering, and clapping for TU in the WAC title game, being told by TU fans to sit down so they could see!!!

Think about that...pretty funny huh?

Me and a friend were asked to sit down at the RenCen during the WAC tournament championship game vs. Hawaii a few years back!

Can you imagine it.....The Voice standing, cheering, and clapping for TU in the WAC title game, being told by TU fans to sit down so they could see!!!

Think about that...pretty funny huh?

They were nice.

I would have just kicked you down the isle ;o)

I've been told to sit at football games too. I just tell people to feel free to move the other seats if they don't want to stand to see over/around me and 30 recruits.

My son and his friends were asked to sit down by ORU fans in the closing minutes of the Utah State Game. Why were they even there? My son and his buddies just ignored the request. At TU we sat down as requested, but remained irritated through the rest of the game.

Chicken. :lol::wink::P