Has Anyone Noticed???

Guest Rob Marshall

Guest Rob Marshall

On the tulsa.rivals basketball message board our good friend Weatherdemon is quick to post the "ORU Falls to Utah State" and "ORU Falls to Marquette" but I've yet to read a thread started by WD where he says, "ORU Picks Up Nice Win Against _______."

He also launched an "Arkansas Defeats Kansas" thread this week and noted that Coach Self had lost three of his last four games at KU after the loss to the Hogs in Maui.

Does anyone here have something nice to say about WD? Why is he completely obsessed with the fact that TU lost their head coach in June 2000 following a nice three year run and the Hurricane has a nice losing streak started against ORU?

Clearly I am an ORU fan, while also being a TU fan ... but this guy's act is oh so tiresome!

ORU needs to get some nice wins before you can complain =o) TU will most likely have to play some zone against ORU. Maybe some box and one on Tutt. Bluitt should have a big game...

ash =o)

Guest Rob Marshall

Ash, are you saying beating a Pac 10 team by twenty isn't a nice win? USC was TERRIBLE against ORU I'll give you that, but they WILL (like TU) be coached into some wins they arguably shouldn't win.

Also, Monmouth, while certainly unknown at this point but as Scott Sutton said last night on his post-game show, will be a game that in March everyone looks back and says, "that was a nice win for ORU." Keep in mind the Hawks beat Southern Illinois by twelve which is one of the top three projectd teams in the Valley.

Although they weren't against UCLA and Memphis, USC and Monmouth are what I would consider "nice" wins. That said, ORU SHOULD be 4-0 having lost to two other decent teams in Utah State and Marquette.

Not necessarily "complaining" about WD's posts, he's doing it on the TU board which is his business; I'm more saying he has ZERO fair balance and it discredits him more than anything else. He can post and do what he wants, it just significantly lowers my opinion of anything he may have to say because it is clearly very biased.

I appreciate people who are fair balanced and have little time for those who are so small minded as to not realize that if they were to stand on the moon and look back at the earth they can only see one side.

Guest bigdeal1035

How is the USC win a nice win on paper, USC will be lucky to finish better than 8th in the pac-10. Which is not exactly what I would call good. So can someone explain to me a how that win is a nice one on paper?

Their football team's won a ton in a row, it feels good, as a small school in Oklahoma, to beat them in anything. Half-joking of course.

On the tulsa.rivals basketball message board our good friend Weatherdeamon is quick to post the "ORU Falls to Utah State" and "ORU Falls to Marquette" but I've yet to read a thread started by WD where he says, "ORU Picks Up Nice Win Against _______."

He also launched an "Arkansas Defeats Kansas" thread this week and noted that Coach Self had lost three of his last four games at KU after the loss ot the Hogs in Maui.

Does anyone here have something nice to say about WD? Why is he completely obsessed with the fact that TU lost their head coach in June 2000 following a nice three year run and the Hurricane has a nice losing streak started against ORU?

Clearly I am an ORU fan, while also being a TU fan ... but this guy's act is oh so tiresome!

Hey Marshall,

You have my email address so why don't you email me or post your question about me on the TU board?

I haven't posted that ORU has a nice win over _______ because they haven't had a "nice" one.

Should I have posted that they had a nice win over Monmouth. Was that really a nice win? What about USC? They are NOT good at all this year. I actually was following the Marquette game on the tracker and was pulling for ORU. I would have posted they won if they did. Same with Utah St. Those are both quality wins that I would have loved for ORU to have had.

If you notice as well, it is not me trashing the ORU posters on our board.

As for Self. I have thought he was given too much credit at Illinios and did not think he deserved the job at KU. I appreciate what he did for TU and ORU so don't get me wrong, but I still think he is an overated coach. The Arkansas thread was 1) a team of regional interest, and 2) A Self coached team. Both relevant in Tulsa.

Take your tiresome tirade and take it to the person you have a problem with. Man, talk about losing respect for someone. You can't even send me an email about this?

Dude, seriously.

Guest EagleBackr

Seriously? OK, let's get serious - Rob is right (and that's saying something for me). WD, I've read your posts for a couple of years now, and it's painfully obvious that any props you may have thrown ORU's way were begrudging at best and patronizing at worst. Meanwhile, the vast majority of your comments regarding ORU in general and Scott Sutton in particular have been particularly critical. Don't get me wrong - you're perfectly entitled to rip on ORU all you want. But this whole, "no, really, I'm an ORU fan, I want to see them win" BS is a joke. Please don't insult our intelligence by feigning shock and indignation whenever someone calls you on it. And after we kick your butt on Saturday, maybe THEN you can post THAT on the TU message board as a "nice win". Wait, I forgot, TU is worse than USC or Monmouth - I guess that won't qualify, either....

Seriously? OK, let's get serious - Rob is right (and that's saying something for me). WD, I've read your posts for a couple of years now, and it's painfully obvious that any props you may have thrown ORU's way were begrudging at best and patronizing at worst. Meanwhile, the vast majority of your comments regarding ORU in general and Scott Sutton in particular have been particularly critical. Don't get me wrong - you're perfectly entitled to rip on ORU all you want. But this whole, "no, really, I'm an ORU fan, I want to see them win" BS is a joke. Please don't insult our intelligence by feigning shock and indignation whenever someone calls you on it. And after we kick your butt on Saturday, maybe THEN you can post THAT on the TU message board as a "nice win". Wait, I forgot, TU is worse than USC or Monmouth - I guess that won't qualify, either....

LOL!

Yea, I won't be posting NICE WIN for the St Gregory's blow out but I will give you your props when you beat TU on Saturday.

As for Sutton, all I have ever said that is "bad" is that he can't win the big game unless it is against TU.

Utah St and Marquette would have been HUGE for ORU this season.

You and Voice come over, gloat, and patronize TU fans on the TU board pretty consistently, although you have been quite pleasant the last few months.

Voice has been quieted for now since Memphis didn't beat TU, ORU is 2-2, and TU is playing UCF in the C-USA Championship game. I fully expect to see youall back after OU smokes Tulsa and ORU beats Tulsa gloating and talking trash.

ORU and TU are rivals. I am a TU fan first so of course I am not always going to be 100% nicey nicey to ORU. But that does not mean I don't want them to succeed. I may be bitter becuase ORU is having a run of success and TU is just giving it's fans successful runs after watching their games, but, you can ask my wife, I do pull for you guys.

Guest EagleBackr
...but, you can ask my wife, I do pull for you guys.

Ya know, if I was Gold*, Red Dirt, Li'l Eric Coley, or Heywood J.B. Me, I could have a FIELD DAY with that one, but I'll take the high road this time. And you can count on me not being anywhere NEAR your message board anytime soon after the outcome of that game, win or lose. From a smack standpoint, I enjoy the build-up to this game, not so much the denouement. After this Saturday, we've got bigger fish to fry...

Guest Rob Marshall

Please let me clarify ... my original intention with this thread was to simply point out a consistent pattern of inconsistency by WD on the TU message board.

FACT: WD launched threads after both ORU losses this season and did nothing when ORU won twice. Why?

FACT: WD started a thread after Arkansas beat Kansas in Maui, and made special note that Bill Self was 1-3 in his last four games at KU. Why?

Let's stop word smithing here about what is a nice win and what is just a win; this has taken the wrong turn down the "only nice wins by ORU deserve to be posted on the TU board" road, because now we have to debate what defines a "nice" win. I bet you can ask Coach Wojcik and find out ANY win is a NICE win.

My intent was simply to call for a dose of fair balance ... from both ORU and TU fans. It's Mayor's Cup week in Tulsa so I deemed it appropriate to ring the fair balance bell for everyone.

BOTTOM LINE: If you're going to pop up and pop off when something bad happens, then be there to report the positives too.

Maybe WD will be able to post "Eagles topple the Hurricanes." Wait, thats not really a "nice" win.

LOL, it won't truly be a "nice" win over a 1-3 TU squad will it?

Anyone else want to pile on?

Hey Ashley.....assuming ORU & TU both play their absolute best on saturday, who wins and by how many?

Btw, hope to see you wearing the Mad Dog t-shirt wednesday night. I'm going with an OU fan and hope that TU can keep it close, so I can give her grief...

Guest EagleBackr
Oh... Eaglebacker... you are soooo wise, like a miniature budda, covered in feathers.

ash =o)

...I assume you mean "buddha", which I will take as a compliment. "Budda" is what my uncle in Boston spreads on his toast in the morning...

Since you apparently missed my reply, here is another that is less wordy.

FACT: WD launched threads after both ORU losses this season and did nothing when ORU won twice. Why?

FACT: WD started a thread after Arkansas beat Kansas in Maui, and made special note that Bill Self was 1-3 in his last four games at KU. Why?

FACT: Your losses have to been to decent teams and your wins have against crappy teams. Who cares if you beat Sagarin 231, 1 win USC and Sagarin 165, 1 win Monmouth.

FACT: I made a special note because I think Bill Self is over rated as a coach. I'm glad he got ORU back to winning and took TU to the Elite 8 but dude has only MET expectations 1 year since leaving TU. He has underachieved the other 4 years. Impressive that he keeps getting promoted isn't it?