2023 MLB Draft

Idig32

3 hours ago, ORU82 said:

BTW,  Moore pitched for the A's in the '89 World Series when the A's swept the San Francisco Giants in four games. 

The earthquake series!!  That was one of the games Mike was pitching.

Mac McCroskey selected by the Angels in the 20th round with pick 594.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Otis 83 said:

Mac McCroskey selected by the Angels in the 20th round with pick 594.

Hopefully he’ll end up in God’s country (aka Huntsville, Alabama) playing for the Rocket City Trash Pandas!🦝

4 minutes ago, ORob2 said:

Hopefully he’ll end up in God’s country (aka Huntsville, Alabama) playing for the Rocket City Trash Pandas!🦝

Will meet you there! 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Anyone else surprised that RF Matt Hogan went unselected?

Couldn’t hit a beach ball during CWS. Pair that with the year before in a better conference. He’ll sign somewhere. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Anyone else surprised that RF Matt Hogan went unselected?

He should catch on with a Frontier League or American Association team and keep grinding, unless he is ready to get on with his life.

Evan Kowalski also went undrafted....but he is almost 25 yrs old.... that's a drawback.....many MLB teams want those 18 yr old HS pitchers to develop themselves....😎

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Evan Kowalski also went undrafted....but he is almost 25 yrs old.... that's a drawback.....many MLB teams want those 18 yr old HS pitchers to develop themselves....😎

Evan still has his COVID year.  He may be back.  He may have also told anyone interested that if they didn't want to take him early, don't waste a draft pick on him because "he has options".

• Upvote 1

Godman Agrees to Free Agent Deal with Atlanta Braves

7/14/2023 | Baseball

TULSA, Okla. - Oral Roberts catcher Jacob Godman has signed an undrafted free agent deal with the Atlanta Braves.

Godman is the fifth Golden Eagle from the 2023 squad to earn a shot with a Major League club, joining Jonah Cox, Cade Denton, Jacob Widener and Mac McCroskey who were drafted earlier this week.

In his lone season with ORU, Godman logged 52 starts behind the dish and registered a .291 average to go along with five homers, 13 doubles, two triples and 29 RBI. The Las Vegas, Nevada, native played a key role in helping guide the Golden Eagle staff to a 4.03 ERA, which led the Summit League and ranked seventh nationally. Defensively, Godman recorded a team-best 505 putouts, a .989 fielding percentage and nabbed 12 baserunners.

Godman is the 17th Golden Eagle to sign as an undrafted free agent and the first since Adam Scoggins in 2021.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Matt Hogan started tonight for the Rocky Mountain Vibes, going 2-for-4 with a double and triple in his first game.  Playing in RF behind his first baseman, Jake McMurray once again!  Let's pray that those guys are seen and signed sometime soon to an UDFA contract.  Congratulation, Matt on your first pro baseball game!

• Like 3

Way to go, Matt! Golden Eagle Nation is proud of you! 

Our last person we haven't talked about is Evan Kowalski who signed a pro contract with the Boise Hawks in the Pioneer League.  He has made four appearances (all in relief) so far in this short season and is 0-1. 

In total, we have four players drafted by MLB teams (Denton, Cox, Widener, McCroskey), one undrafted free agent signed to a MLB contract (Godman), and have five players in the Independent Leagues (McMurray, Hogan, Kowalski, Brothers, Gollert) - ten pro players in total off the 2023 CWS team.  

Praying that this won't be the last time we see this kind of talent on an ORU team in our lifetime.

• Like 5

Does anyone know how to get boxscores from Independent League games? I’ve searched and come up empty. We have the Winnipeg Goldeyes up here in my city. Blaze Brothers played up here for a couple of games, but I didn’t clue in fast enough.

31 minutes ago, ron said:

Does anyone know how to get box scores from Independent League games? I’ve searched and come up empty. We have the Winnipeg Goldeyes up here in my city. Blaze Brothers played up here for a couple of games, but I didn’t clue in fast enough.

Frontier League

American Association of Professional Baseball

Pioneer League

• Like 2

Thanks, Bogus! I feel like this is something I can follow even up here. Awesome!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/26/2023 at 11:01 PM, Bogus Smith said:

Our last person we haven't talked about is Evan Kowalski who signed a pro contract with the Boise Hawks in the Pioneer League.  He has made four appearances (all in relief) so far in this short season and is 0-1. 

In total, we have four players drafted by MLB teams (Denton, Cox, Widener, McCroskey), one undrafted free agent signed to a MLB contract (Godman), and have five players in the Independent Leagues (McMurray, Hogan, Kowalski, Brothers, Gollert) - ten pro players in total off the 2023 CWS team.  

Praying that this won't be the last time we see this kind of talent on an ORU team in our lifetime.

I second that moment.

• 2 weeks later...