2023 College World Series Game #9 - ORU vs. TCU

Old Titan

No matter what. SO PROUD of this team. Still time for a miracle. LET'S GO!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Great season.  I will always remember Blaze Brothers and maybe the biggest home run in ORU history (9th inning winner in Game 1).  What a great experience for the guys and their families in Omaha.  As the announcer said on ESPN, this should really help the Eagles in recuriting the next few years.

• Upvote 4

"We now return you to our regularly scheduled basketball discussions...."

Seriously: Good job, guys! You had an amazing season that none of us will EVER forget.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

That last AB by Hogan summed up the game....he has a chance to do some serious damage and bring the tying run to the plate to set up another epic comeback and he swings at a unhittable high fast ball which he did all 3 games and then watches 2 beauties go by for called strikes 2 and 3......tough way to end it but 52-14 is a great season no matter what and ORU did us proud in Stillwater, Eugene and Omaha....fun team to watch.....Jonah rebounded nicely today with a 3-5 but unfortunately not much help.....wonder how many of these guys come back?....Cox and Denton will get drafted but still have eligibility...guess it depends on how how high they go......Thanks for the memories, boys!!! :shield-logo:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

That last AB by Hogan summed up the game....he has a chance to do some serious damage and bring the tying run to the plate to set up another epic comeback and he swings at a unhittable high fast ball which he did all 3 games and then watches 2 beauties go by for called strikes 2 and 3......tough way to end it but 52-14 is a great season no matter what and ORU did us proud in Stillwater, Eugene and Omaha....fun team to watch.....Jonah rebounded nicely today with a 3-5 but unfortunately not much help.....wonder how many of these guys come back?....Cox and Denton will get drafted but still have eligibility...guess it depends on how how high they go......Thanks for the memories, boys!!! :shield-logo:

Let’s not forget what Hogan has done for us  this season. We rarely historically have gotten quality SEC type player like Hogan. The brotha kept us in games many times this season. Plus he is from NY (our part of the country Aka the Tri-State area). We also don’t get many northeast guys either. The outcome was not what we wanted but man Hogan deserves nothing but praise and gratitude from us. 

Edited by Elis Flight Crew
  • Upvote 1

One thing I really enjoyed was talking non-stop about ORU baseball to my office and church friends. They got on the band wagon and were texting about and watching the games. When I would see them they would always want to talk Golden Eagle baseball. They were all rooting for our guys.
So proud of this team. They represent the Lord and ORU so well. Great job Coach Folmar and staff for the success and influence they are having on young men. What a privilege and responsibility they have. God's blessing on them all. 
This was fun. Let's do it again. Soon!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

19 hours ago, ORUalum11 said:

Jonah is in a slump at the wrong time. 

Jonah got hit (on the hand?) in Eugene.  He wasn't himself in the CWS.  I wonder if he is injured.  I don't know if we'll ever know.

Yesterday the whole team was off.  Was the Florida game still in their head? It wasn't the way we'd been playing for months.  But I'm thankful for the great season.  It was so much fun.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

What a thrill it was to be in Omaha for the first weekend of the CWS.  In addition to meeting several board members, I was able to reconnect with alums I haven't seen in 30+ years.  I chatted with a few of the players' parents and made new friends among the fanbase behind our dugout.  In fact, at the Florida game I had an ORU recruit and his family sitting behind me.

ORU was well represented in the crowd.  I went to 2 other games so I got to sample fan representation from several other schools and I would say that ORU crowds were equal to most and more than some.  What a great turnout of fans and alums from our small school.  It was so awesome to walk in and around the stadium and see so much ORU gear!  It was also very cool to see the ORU logo everywhere.

All of us would have loved for the miracle run to have gone on a little longer but I am so grateful to the players and coaching staff for taking us on this magical ride.  Let's do it again soon!

Very well said, Otis 83!