Summer of 2023

Old Titan

I love this! Bravo coach. Leadership styles across the board have gone through a powerful paradigm change over the last few years. It’s especially true in leading zoomers. Coach’s high-empathy leadership today is an investment that he’ll pull on in the future whenever he knows he needs more from his team. The trust he is fostering now, through active listening and responding, will enable him to hold differing views in the future without losing that trust. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Boy, it really is a new day in ORU MBB! Look at Issac's face!

• Upvote 2

DJ and Herron look like grown men.  They were skinny when they came to ORU.  A few guys are missing in the picture: Smith from Texas AM and Navarro from Spain.  Maybe they are still on summer vacation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bogus Smith said:

YOUR men's basketball team for 2023-24.  Championships are won in the summer.

ORU MBB - 2023-24.jpg

Can you list the names in order? Is the first one Williams?

49 minutes ago, jmg1984 said:

Can you list the names in order? Is the first one Williams?

L-R

Herron, Shannon, Alexandre, Miller, Bedford, Moore, Thompson, Amboree, Williams, McBride, Jones, Phipps, Kruse, Weaver

Geez.....the boys look awesome.....BUT....can they make baskets???....:shield-logo:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Geez.....the boys look awesome.....BUT....can they make baskets???....:shield-logo:

That is a good point Eagleman.  I think this picture shows that ORU will make a change in style.  The Eagles will go from a track meet style of racing the other team to 85 to more of a physical/ toughness style of play (as shown in the picture).  ORU lost 50 points of firepower from last year's team, so a change in style is needed.  They will have to grind out more games this year and win by 70-65 instead of 85-77.

Coach Springmann's mentor is Rick Barnes, who is known for tough and physical play.  So it makes sense that he would go that direction.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

L-R

Herron, Shannon, Alexandre, Miller, Bedford, Moore, Thompson, Amboree, Williams, McBride, Jones, Phipps, Kruse, Weaver

Thanks!!

9 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

That is a good point Eagleman.  I think this picture shows that ORU will make a change in style.  The Eagles will go from a track meet style of racing the other team to 85 to more of a physical/ toughness style of play (as shown in the picture).  ORU lost 50 points of firepower from last year's team, so a change in style is needed.  They will have to grind out more games this year and win by 70-65 instead of 85-77.

Coach Springmann's mentor is Rick Barnes, who is known for tough and physical play.  So it makes sense that he would go that direction.

Everything I have heard when Coach Springmann speaks is he wants to play the same style and lead the country in scoring. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

Everything I have heard when Coach Springmann speaks is he wants to play the same style and lead the country in scoring. 

Would be fun to watch!

On 7/28/2023 at 6:51 PM, GoldenEagleFan said:

On 7/28/2023 at 9:49 AM, Keenan Henderson said:

Are being "tough and physical" and scoring a lot of points mutually exclusive options?

44 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Are being "tough and physical" and scoring a lot of points mutually exclusive options?

Absolutely not - I was referencing the line above the one you quoted talking about changing the style of play and averaging 65-70 ppg instead of 77-85. I think tough and physical teams can still score a lot of points!

• Like 3