Summer of 2023

Old Titan

That made me tired just watching! 

It looks like that type of workout as a team will not only improve their individual strength and conditioning, but builds good camaraderie and chemistry within the team as well. I like what I’m seeing there. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

They're still working in the old strength & conditioning facility in the Burkhart Center.  I wonder when they get to use the new facility....  🤔

looks like Pablo Navarro is the only player yet to show up...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can we hurry up and start the new season?????

• Upvote 4

TheEagleman is looking forward to the 2023-24 season but NOT in a hurry to give up 4 months of my life to skip ahead...enjoy the summer and bask in the glow of an incredible historic June run by our ORU baseball team....November will be here soon enough and we will see how many of the current roster actually show up and pick apart the new schedule.....guessing we are still another 6-8 weeks from seeing that finished product......Happy 4th of July!!! Image result for fourth of July images

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is an incredibly frank inside-look, with a lot to be read between the lines:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

This is an incredibly frank inside-look, with a lot to be read between the lines:

Transparency, for sure.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

I'm having trouble putting a post together that is fit for public consumption. I understand that the current players & coaches are different then past era players, but this video is so disappointing on so many levels. 

First, new players need to learn to work at our level, you do not as a program lower your work ethic expectations for new guys (who didn't play at their previous schools) because they "aren't used to it". How about your senior leader Isaac McBride (who I know thinks he is team building) instead of asking for a break, tells the new guys to step it up, learn to work the ORU way!! Duke & Houston aren't taking breaks because their new players are tired- that's laughable!!

Second, coach lets set some expectations!! We may be a small school, but nobody out works us!!!

I may be a dinosaur, but this is ridiculous, if you can't keep up you don't play. Have some Blue Pride, get to work or move it on! We have too many former teams and players that worked their butts off for this garbage!! To me, this video is a dis-service to the ORU basketball tradition.

Do better ORU basketball, this is not a good look. Excuses are for quitters/losers, get to work!!!

image.gif.3cba2b763616b6ad51a0de237cdeb5d7.gifNot a big deal deal - canceled a Friday lift while coaches had been out recruiting during the July 6-9 evaluation period. I’m glad the old timers never took a day off and walked uphill both ways to practice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

The video of Coach boldly shows why teams usually do not start or give 20 minutes a game to new, young, inexperienced players.  They are just not ready for that. They need time to adjust to D1 standards and that is why they generally do not see the court much their first season.  That is why inexperience just does not win at the mid major level.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

image.gif.3cba2b763616b6ad51a0de237cdeb5d7.gifNot a big deal deal - canceled a Friday lift while coaches had been out recruiting during the July 6-9 evaluation period. I’m glad the old timers never took a day off and walked uphill both ways to practice. 

It was up hill both ways to practice, snowing and we were barefoot! 

We agree to disagree about this one and that's fine, it's not a big deal to you. I'm not trying to be argumentative but to me these little things are important. These summer sessions are the new guy's introduction to our program and D1 basketball.  This is when the culture is established; habits are taught, good habits and bad ones. The culture and habits are communicated in word and through example by the coaches and the veteran players and IMHO it's not good at this stage in the team's development to say let's take a break no matter how insignificant it may seem. This is when our new guys learn to grind it out; especially when they're sore and tired and learn to push through it.

This is just my opinion, but to me this is when expectations are set. Coach has his own style and I'm rooting for him! I know the guys are working hard, keep building Eagles! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Guys, it’s not October - it’s July. 

There are programs all over the country who break the grind of off-season training with BBQ’s at the coach’s house and team-building outings to the water park or Top Golf. 

ORU Baseball coach Ryan Folmar is famous for interspersing off-season training with fun stuff like goofy Olympic-style competitions and the like. 

So, they took a day off four months before the season starts…so what?  Nothing to see here; we just happened to hear about it via their social media channels.

• Upvote 3

Let's remember that those that made a name for themselves - i.e., Caleb Green, Max Abmas, Ken Tutt - are going above-and-beyond what is expected of them in practice and drills to ensure that they are ready for the next level.  For those that want to take a day off, their time on the court will be measured accordingly....and it won't be because of the coaches, it will be because the player didn't earn the playing time.  If you are going to let a coach determine how you practice and how hard you are going, you are in the wrong level of play.  If you want to play to your level of competition, you will do so; however, if you want to be head-and-shoulders above your competition, you will work to gain the competitive edge and be the best YOU that you can be.  Compete against yourself, not against the other people in your group; otherwise, you will be destined for a middle manager job in a company that doesn't recognize anything but extraordinary efforts and be comparing paychecks with your peers.

• Upvote 1

It just shows how high expectations are for ORU basketball, which is a good thing!  3-4 years ago and no one would have cared but now that ORU basketball is back on the map, the fans want to keep it that way and not go back to the middle of the pack so-so teams.  It is just expectations changing and wanting to see the new guys give their best so ORU can continue to produce high level teams.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1