ORU vs. Oregon

Old Titan

I will fight every shirtless Oregon frat boy in here! 😄

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman is completely drained of all emotions after these two games in the past 24 hours...truly Friday Night was the Agony of Defeat and tonight was the Thrill of Victory.....i have no words for the 9th inning comeback I just witnessed and what has to be one of the most clutch hits in ORU history....if we go on to win tomorrow that swing by Quinn will go down in ORU sports lore....just incredible to do what he did

The mental toughness of this team is off the charts!! @theeagleman5is absolutely right, the emotions of the last 2 games have been from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs!! How does anyone on the team get any sleep after those 2 games? The resilience to come back after game 1 is amazing, not to mention they are on national TV, dealing with media attention they haven't seen, family there, friends texting them, to just stay focused is impressive. 

ORU has had some great players and excellent baseball teams over the years, but this team has as much heart and fight in them than as any team we've ever had, maybe more. 

Hang in there Eagleman, take it easy this morning, get a good breakfast and drink lots of water, we need you at your best and don't want you getting dehydrated during the super regional final game!

One more Eagles!! Let's go to the CWS, you guys have earned it!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Is it 6pm eastern time yet? C'mon clock. Can't you move faster? I feel like the little kid in the back seat saying, "Are we there yet?"

• Upvote 1

I should apologize for getting too fired up after yesterday's win, and clarify:

• I won't actually physically fight any d-bag shirtless Oregon frat boys (I think life will win that battle)
  • Shouting in all caps, even an edited version, of LET'S (expletive) GO, probably violates several forum rules.
  • A walk-off elimination game win on the road in a super regional is bonkers.
  • I stand by "Eags in 3"

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, ManiacAlum said:

I will fight every shirtless Oregon frat boy in here! 😄

Those guys are getting an early jump on their dad bods. 😆

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Texasgrip said:

Those guys are getting an early jump on their dad bods. 😆

Seriously, all those dudes would fail a field test.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

I should apologize for getting too fired up after yesterday's win, and clarify:

• I won't actually physically fight any d-bag shirtless Oregon frat boys (I think life will win that battle)
  • Shouting in all caps, even an edited version, of LET'S (expletive) GO, probably violates several forum rules.
  • A walk-off elimination game win on the road in a super regional is bonkers.
  • I stand by "Eags in 3"

ManiacAlum,

Don't be too hard on yourself.  Emotions are running high.  I'm not particularly proud of the word I shouted when I thought Jake McMurray was thrown out at 2nd on his RBI knock in the 7th.  We all could probably stand to take a breath and engage in some prayer and meditation before first pitch tonight.

If I may be so bold, if you are going to get down on yourself for anything it should be for leaving out "flabby" and "fish belly white" in your description of the frat boys.  Them dudes have been spending too much time at Toga Parties and the Dexter Lake Club.

Go Golden Eagles!!

• Haha 6

Win or Lose tonight...this scruffy bunch of ORU ballplayers have earned TheEaglemans' love and respect. Friday Nights loss had me in devastation mode but last night was glory beyond belief. Not sure the old ticker can take a 3rd game like that and I have sincere concerns for my friend Old Titan. Take an extra pill tonight and enjoy. This ride may not yet be over....gosh I love this team!!!! God bless ORU Baseball. 😍

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ting said:

So, with the number of pitches Denton threw tonight, is he still able to pitch tomorrow? Yes right?

Fowler, Kowalski, Isaacs, Denton for tomorrow night?

Don't forget Widener.

These two teams are about as even as you can get with both having scored 16 runs in 2 games.  Will it come down to another 9 inning big hit or maybe extra innings?  No lead is safe and coming from behind has been the winning play this weekend. 

Oregon has a lot of home run hitters while the Eagles tend to generate runs with walks and timely hitting.  Both teams bullpens have pitched quite a bit of innings. Very interesting styles and should be another barn burner today!  

Is Caravalho injured?  He has not appeared in the regional or super regional.  I thought he had some good outings in mid-weeks.  I've watched instead of listened so it might have been mentioned by Adam in one of the broadcasts and I just missed it.

2 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

Don't forget Widener.

And don't forget midweek starter Josh Caravallo, who's been kept in reserve as an "if needed" starter since a May 24th outing against Omaha, and is 5-1 on the year with a 2.98 ERA.

"HE IS THAT FOURTH MAN!!"

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Assuming the Ducks will be the home team tonight….imo, this scenario should result in a coin flip.