NCAA other Regionals

theeagleman5

5 hours ago, ORU82 said:

My wife, an LSU alum with a couple of degrees from there along with significant ties through her parents working as faculty and with the athletic department there just told me that if both LSU and ORU make it to Omaha, we will as well.  Have I mentioned how much I love and appreciate my wife?  GO GOLDEN EAGLES and GEAUX TIGERS!

GO GOLDEN EAGLES and GEAUX TIGERS (except when LSU is the opponent)!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Well done, DOC!!!...TheEagleman loves THE FLAME!!! :tb-blue:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

6x66wc134e4b1.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&v

Awesome that they used the “Baseball flame” logo!

• Upvote 2

Not sure how many of you were up late last night watching the 9th inning of Stanford vs. Texas.....what a brutal way to lose in walkoff fashion for the Longhorns when their RF and CF lost a routine 3rd out flyball in the sky at dusk.....TheEagleman was rooting for Stanford but still felt badly for those kids from Texas......just a horrific way to get eliminated....ouch! 😮

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Not sure how many of you were up late last night watching the 9th inning of Stanford vs. Texas.....what a brutal way to lose in walkoff fashion for the Longhorns when their RF and CF lost a routine 3rd out flyball in the sky at dusk.....TheEagleman was rooting for Stanford but still felt badly for those kids from Texas......just a horrific way to get eliminated....ouch! 😮

I saw this and felt really bad for the 2 Texas outfielders. It really shows how human error can happen at any given time.

First time in my life I've ever felt bad for the Longhorns.  Just a brutal way to lose such an important game; wouldn't wish that on any college kid.

• Upvote 3

as bad as the RF losing the ball to end the game, his throw to third in the bottom of the 8th was Bo Jackson-esque

• Upvote 4

So it was bad enough that the Stanford coach let his starter go for 156 pitches on Saturday......then last night the Texas coach brings in his star pitcher who went 110 pitches on Saturday for 2 innings  where he threw about 30 before the game ended in tragic fashion.....guessing these guys just don't care about the future of their players whose arms could be permanently damaged by that kind of misuse....announcers didn't seem overly concerned but they sure should have been......any comments?  TheEagleman was SMH......understood that the situation is do or die but it's like win at all costs......health of the players be damned.....😬

PS.....That throw in the 8th from RF was incredible.....thought it was Roberto Clemente.....😉

7 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

So it was bad enough that the Stanford coach let his starter go for 156 pitches on Saturday......then last night the Texas coach brings in his star pitcher who went 110 pitches on Saturday for 2 innings  where he threw about 30 before the game ended in tragic fashion.....guessing these guys just don't care about the future of their players whose arms could be permanently damaged by that kind of misuse....announcers didn't seem overly concerned but they sure should have been......any comments?  TheEagleman was SMH......understood that the situation is do or die but it's like win at all costs......health of the players be damned.....😬

I'm reminded of a quote from the late, great Notre Dame coach Digger Phelps, when a reporter asked why he risked allowing his Fighting Irish players to participate in a campus-wide charity 3-on-3 tournament on outdoor courts vs. frat boys, stoners and the like:

"They're young...they'll heal."

• Haha 1

First time watching LSU last night.  My money is on them winning it.  Wow! Dude was still touching 100 late into the game.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ORUalum said:

First time watching LSU last night.  My money is on them winning it.  Wow! Dude was still touching 100 late into the game.

I'll admit, this team is scary good. I'm not sure what would draw more viewers, and ORU vs LSU championship matchup (because of the Cinderalla aspect) or LSU vs FL (the most future MLB drafts top to bottom)

There was an article I read recently that showed how the power conferences of Baseball has shifted from the west coast schools to the south.

Talk about the south wind….😂😂

Here is my attempt to break down todays MCWS game….

Florida scored 3 Touchdowns & Field goal.

LSU got two safeties. Who knew sec baseball doubles as sec football….😂

• Haha 1