Jump to content

NCAA other Regionals


theeagleman5

Recommended Posts

TheEagleman is guessing that ESPN must really regret scheduling OU vs. East Carolina for their prime time game tonight instead of ORU vs. OSU.....Sooners failed to show up....maybe will do better vs. Army on Saturday.....meanwhile....Rider stuns top 10 Coastal Carolina and Penn upsets regional host Auburn.....Broncs and Quakers appear to be the only other 4 seeds besides ORU to win today....although Alabama is in a dogfight at the moment vs. Nicholls.......ūüĎć

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Penn upsets regional host Auburn.....

How did a clear cut bona fide powerhouse #1 seed regional host Auburn lose?

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tough weekend to be a national seed. Clemson eliminated by Charlotte and the Hogs get obliterated 20-5 by TCU in Fayetteville.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

Tough weekend to be a national seed. Clemson eliminated by Charlotte and the Hogs get obliterated 20-5 by TCU in Fayetteville.

Wow and wow! Tim Johnson use to be at Clemson & Arkansas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oregon is up 10-1 in the 7th inning, so it looks like they will be facing the Eagles next week in Tulsa!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Oregon is up 10-1 in the 7th inning, so it looks like they will be facing the Eagles next week in Tulsa!

I thought the consensus was that it would be in/neaar Eugene...at an alternate site....?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My bad, thought I read it might be in Tulsa if Oregon won because their stadium was being used next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reading some of the chatter online, I'm pretty sure the ORU-Oregon Super Regional will be played in Eugene at the Ducks home field- PK Park (which is, shockingly, not named for Phil Knight.)

The university owns the stadium and leases to the Eugene Emeralds, high-A affiliate of the Giants. I'm guessing in most cases that scenario would be the other way around.

So I'm not sure if they'll make the Emeralds reschedule or try to play doubleheaders?

But I imagine what Swoosh U wants Swoosh U gets.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Vanderbilt out....ORU's path to the CWS got a lot less impossible......just gotta win 2 of 3 in Eugene.....Ducks are a top 40 team but not as highly rated as OSU and DBU and comparable to Washington.....guaranteed the Ducks have no clue what they are in for......GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, theeagleman5 said:

With Vanderbilt out....ORU's path to the CWS got a lot less impossible......just gotta win 2 of 3 in Eugene.....Ducks are a top 40 team but not as highly rated as OSU and DBU and comparable to Washington.....guaranteed the Ducks have no clue what they are in for......GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some interesting points from Sunday's "regional final" games (14 of the 16 regionals played the final Sunday, the other two were delayed by weather until Monday):

The "driver's seat" team (with no losses) won 9 of the 14 regional final games, with only 5 teams forcing the "if necessary" game.

All five teams that forced the "if necessary" game were better seeded teams (and four of the five were host teams) which knocked off the lower ranked team that had come into the game undefeated. 

Of the 14 regional final games, the better seeded team went 12-2.  Only Texas (a 2 seed defeating 1 seed Miami) and ORU (a 4 seed eliminating 2 seed DBU) won as "underdogs". 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arkansas is showing some real hospitality to TCU hosting the Horn Frogs for some batting practice this afternoon.  TCU is up 12-4 in the bottom of the 8th.  Arkansas is down to their last 3 outs and based on the body language they are currently displaying in the field....I don't think they are going to mount a comeback.  

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Arkansas is showing some real hospitality to TCU hosting the Horn Frogs for some batting practice this afternoon.  TCU is up 12-4 in the bottom of the 8th.  Arkansas is down to their last 3 outs and based on the body language they are currently displaying in the field....I don't think they are going to mount a comeback.  

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah the Hogs just finished up their season.....Such a shame......Image result for george costanza

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Kentucky taking out Indiana, ORU will now be the ONLY super regional team not seeded 1 or 2.  Cinderella lives!

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My wife, an LSU alum with a couple of degrees from there along with significant ties through her parents working as faculty and with the athletic department there just told me that if both LSU and ORU make it to Omaha, we will as well.  Have I mentioned how much I love and appreciate my wife?  GO GOLDEN EAGLES and GEAUX TIGERS!

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...