Ryan Folmar

Old Titan

2 hours ago, ORU40 said:

Fantastic win by the Eagles over OSU in the regional opener! Unfortunately, the better we play and the further we advance, makes coach Folmar a that much more valuable commodity!  But we can deal with that later, keep winning coach!!

A new job making more money is a by-product of winning.  I wish Ryan only the best in his endeavors.  I would hope that he is happy at ORU and that we can find more money to acknowledge his accomplishments.  Regardless, if he feels he wants to build another winner elsewhere, we should "bless and release" him to his next gig.

ORU has a lot to offer - great facilities, commitment to athletics, safe learning and living environment, diversity....the list can go on-and-on. If money is not a motivating factor (in other words, you can live on the money that is available), coaching at ORU can help a person build winners of student-athletes, up their game skills, and prepare a young man or woman for the life ahead.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

So Coach Folmar has done an amazing job with this ORU Team....this season has come out of nowhere....maybe he does get other offers but $$$ isn't everything.....we don't know what motivates Coach F......give the guy a VERY NICE bump in salary for a job well done....hopefully we can keep our coach....if not.....well......so be it......guessing this man is likely underpaid......🙄

• Like 1

I absolutely LOVE Coach Folmar's response to the post-game press conference question of "did you learn anything from this weekend"?

Folmar: "Not really, we knew coming into the weekend that we had a good club.  We were very confident with the group of guys we were rolling in here with, and we felt like we were playing our best baseball at the end of the year.  I'm not surprised by anything they do, this has been a special group all year."

It would've been so easy to slip into "coach speak" about how you can learn something from every new situation.  But Folmar just tells it like it is - and props his players up at the same time.  👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

I absolutely LOVE Coach Folmar's response to the post-game press conference question of "did you learn anything from this weekend"?

Folmar: "Not really, we knew coming into the weekend that we had a good club.  We were very confident with the group of guys we were rolling in here with, and we felt like we were playing our best baseball at the end of the year.  I'm not surprised by anything they do, this has been a special group all year."

It would've been so easy to slip into "coach speak" about how you can learn something from every new situation.  But Folmar just tells it like it is - and props his players up at the same time.  👍

Where can I see that press conference?

1 hour ago, dave said:

Where can I see that press conference?

Folmar's answer and comments from Denton and Hogan...

Before this season, Folmar's results have been very pedestrian. 

He's a really nice fella, but he's no Tommy Lasorda or Tony LaRussa. 

Either way, ORU baseball will be fine. The Eagleman could probably win the Summit League every year. 

17 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman would also like to say this about Coach Folmar....and I don't know him and have never met the man....but my 17 yr old grandson is a HS baseball player/pitcher as some of you know....and after watching ORU win the Stillwater Regional this weekend and also the clip that Old Titan posted of our coach choking up at the presser yesterday Nolan has decided that he is going to apply to ORU for the 24-25 year and try to walk on to the baseball team if accepted....he still has other college options and is a top student and student council president so it's not cut in stone yet....but my point is that he was motivated by how our guys portrayed themselves on the field and how Coach Folmar showed his true emotions about his team in a public setting...bottom line is that this kind of stuff brings ORU into a positive light and makes kids want to come to 7777 So. Lewis....my grandson told me that he loved what he was seeing and wants to be a part of something like that.....now, I know that there are a lot better reasons than baseball to come to ORU but heck, the kid is 17 and not spiritually mature by a long shot....but if coming to ORU is part of Gods' plan to help Nolan grow then TheEagleman would love to see that....he may never see the field at ORU but he can learn a lot of other things about life and the Lord in Tulsa....we shall see how things play out over the next year but i will keep praying for him that he follows God and His Plan in all he does.....and not sure my daughter would support his decision to go to ORU...but God works in mysterious ways.....Expect a Miracle!!! :tb-blue:

Amen & #MakeNoLittlePlansHere

23 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Ya know, Voice....TheEagleman is convinced that you would take a shot/low blow at George Washington after he crossed the Delaware....you would rip Abraham Lincoln after the Gettysburg Address.....you would criticize Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower after D-Day....and you would probably say nasty things about Ronald Reagan after the Berlin Wall came down.....come on, brother....ripping Coach Folmar when he is 49-11???....now is NOT the time for negativity.......please go on your honeymoon and leave the rest of us alone for a couple weeks while we bask in the glow of success and what these wonderful young men have done for our alma mater over the past few months!!!  GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

All I said was that his results prior to this year, were mediocre. I even think he'd fully agree with that.

I also said he is a really nice guy. 

But whatever. Not worth it anymore. 

• Like 1

Coach Folmar and the boys headed to the CWS in Omaha....not bad for "pedestrian" coach.....Image result for george costanza

I was reading the article on the Summit League site, and among the highlights was this:

ORU head coach Ryan Folmar is the only skipper in DI baseball that won Conference Coach of the Year honors (sixth time), a regular season title, a conference tournament title, a NCAA Regional and a NCAA Super Regional this season ...

It's been a good year!😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, titansforever said:

I was reading the article on the Summit League site, and among the highlights was this:

ORU head coach Ryan Folmar is the only skipper in DI baseball that won Conference Coach of the Year honors (sixth time), a regular season title, a conference tournament title, a NCAA Regional and a NCAA Super Regional this season ...

It's been a good year!😊

Hopefully not too good of a year.  Something tells me Folmar will be the hunted instead of the hunter when open coach's positions season opens.

• Upvote 1

Good interview of Coach Folmar by the Blitz...

"Don't Flinch!"