Ryan Folmar

Old Titan

24 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

So..... no news at this point means Folmar is staying, right?

Correct. 

• Upvote 1

He is a classy guy! I'm so glad he's staying. 

That's wonderful news....but how can ya NOT love ORU and So. Tulsa....it's a great place to be......Thank you to Coach Folmar and his staff for a marvelous season and an NCAA run that defines Expect A Miracle!!...:shield-logo:

• Like 4

TheEagleman just guessing here but seems like money isn't everything to Coach Folmar although I am sure he has received a generous increase in his annual compensation and hopefully a 5 year extension.....perhaps Coach just loves Tulsa and ORU....anybody know if Folmar is married?  Kids?  That would certainly play into the equation...in all likelihood he's married to an Oklahoma girl.....😎

32 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman just guessing here but seems like money isn't everything to Coach Folmar although I am sure he has received a generous increase in his annual compensation and hopefully a 5 year extension.....perhaps Coach just loves Tulsa and ORU....anybody know if Folmar is married?  Kids?  That would certainly play into the equation...in all likelihood he's married to an Oklahoma girl.....😎

His bio is here: https://oruathletics.com/sports/baseball/roster/coaches/ryan-folmar/448 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Coach is married and his daughter is going to ORU next year and be part of the Cheer squad, as I understand it.  His son is a JC baseball player but will probably go to a D-II school next year.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

This year's draft just makes me more impressed with the job coach Folmar did this year. We had a lot of good players, but nobody drafted before the 6th round and when you compare that with LSU, FL and Wake and the number of high draft picks they had, getting to the CWS is incredible!! I also saw that ORU was the first non P5 team in the CWS since 2017!

Congrats to coach for an amazing season, so glad he'll be back, and the new contract was very well deserved!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you have nothing else going on Sunday night at 9:00 ET / 8:00 CT, you can catch Coach Folmar on the Sunday Night Convos with Mike Rooney.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/12/2023 at 12:39 PM, theeagleman5 said:

Coach Folmar and the boys headed to the CWS in Omaha....not bad for "pedestrian" coach.....Image result for george costanza

Cochell - .713 winning percentage (7 out of 10 years in the NCAA tourney against much stronger competition)

Walton - .687 winning percentage (9 out of 9 years in the NCAA tourney)

Golloway - .682 winning percentage (6 out of 8 years in the NCAA tourney after he got the program back on its' feet)

Folmar - .612 winning percentage (and if we miss the NCAA this year, will have made the NCAA 6 out of 11 years)

Look...I am not trying to be a "hater". Ryan Folmar is a genuinely nice human being and a decent baseball coach. My point last year (and still my point today) is you need to look at the entire picture when assessing...anything. 

I always harken back to ORUTerry's infamous comment about things are never as bad or as good as they seem.

And yeah...had a great honeymoon in the Bahamas! 😃

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2