Ryan Folmar

Old Titan

That made me cry! Good job, Ryan!!

We're gonna need a bigger trophy case ...... 

The one that jumps out to me that may draw Folmar's attention is the job at Penn State. He is from a very pro-Penn State area.

Ryan Folmar is from Chambersburg PA which is about 90 min. south of State College....he is a legend in that town along with his whole family....a co worker of mine played football with his brother at Chambersburg HS and Folmar's dad was the AD at the HS for over 30 years before retiring.....would be interesting if PSU came calling to Ryan....wonder if he has any interest in coming back to PA.....State College is a great place to live.....PA overall is not due to taxes and other political stuff but TheEagleman would have to think Folmar would listen....but heck he has lived in Oklahoma for over 25 years now.....Nittany Lions would pay A LOT more $$$ and usually have baseball talent including the son of the late HOFer Roy Halladay who is also a pitcher from Clearwater Calvary Christian HS......let's see what happens.....😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Ryan Folmar is from Chambersburg PA which is about 90 min. south of State College....he is a legend in that town along with his whole family....a co worker of mine played football with his brother at Chambersburg HS and Folmar's dad was the AD at the HS for over 30 years before retiring.....would be interesting if PSU came calling to Ryan....wonder if he has any interest in coming back to PA.....State College is a great place to live.....PA overall is not due to taxes and other political stuff but TheEagleman would have to think Folmar would listen....but heck he has lived in Oklahoma for over 25 years now.....Nittany Lions would pay A LOT more $$$ and usually have baseball talent including the son of the late HOFer Roy Halladay who is also a pitcher from Clearwater Calvary Christian HS......let's see what happens.....😎

That's what I was talking about. Thanks for the details eagleman. Excellent as always. I hope no one pulls Folmar away but it wouldn't be surprise if they do.

TheEagleman would stay out of PA just because our senators are Fetterman and Casey.....enough said......🤢

• Like 1

7 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Good to read that Folmar is originally from Chambersburg PA. 

I have driven through that quaint town in Franklin County many times on route 30 coming from Gettysburg. 

The Pennsylvania town that was burned to the ground in the American Civil for all the history buffs. 

On 6/17/2023 at 6:55 PM, ORUTerry said:

Rob Cooper was an assistant coach at ORU before taking the head coaching job at Wright State and getting them into the NCAA tournament consistently. I didn’t realize he had become the PSU head coach after Wright State. 

On 6/17/2023 at 7:36 PM, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman would stay out of PA just because our senators are Fetterman and Casey.....enough said......🤢

Amen!!!!! 🇺🇸

from a University of Cincinnati insider...good news for ORU if what he's hearing is true...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

from a University of Cincinnati insider...good news for ORU if what he's hearing is true...

Amen! I agree that there are no Great coaching jobs that fit Coach Folmar aside the PSU role. Hoping this sticks.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

I think that it has been proven that ORU can compete at the top echelons of college baseball and that a player CAN be seen and play at the highest platforms (CWS) if they attend ORU.  That being said, if a player from a high school, JUCO or the portal wants to get to Omaha and to play at the next level, ORU has the facilities, coaches and culture to get a player to their desired level.  I believe we can compete with the area P5 schools, WSU, MSU, UNT, SMU, TCU, etc. to get a player if they want.  We still must get our collective in order (filled with money) to ensure that the players we are recruiting will hear our pitch (pun intended).

Ryan Folmar and the coaches on staff are primed for success if they will continue to build and grind alongside their players and make ORU a destination rather than a stepping stone for coaches AND players.

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

So..... no news at this point means Folmar is staying, right?