Way Too Early Summit League Outlook 2023-24

Old Titan

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

FYI, I'm nearly certain Matt Norman just straight up graduated.

From our board:

image.png.0b82fa30ccc09126bb63833bba1a5757.png

So, based on that post from April on the North Dakota board, it’s difficult to ascertain whether he’s out of eligibility or just tired of college. 

Either way, if you say he’s not returning, I will edit the list accordingly. 

Thx.

• 3 weeks later...

Those rosters aren’t accurate. Just take a look 😂

Add Weaver and the offensive efficiency jumps 3 points. And we jump to #2 in the Summit.

(They have Lawrence (a walkon) playing 72% of mins 🤦🏻‍♂️)

I’m not sure who St Thomas has coming back, as Allen and Bjorklund both participated in senior night last season. They both are currently in Torvik’s rosters 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

Those rosters aren’t accurate. Just take a look 😂

Add Weaver and the offensive efficiency jumps 3 points. And we jump to #2 in the Summit.

(They have Lawrence (a walkon) playing 72% of mins 🤦🏻‍♂️)

I’m not sure who St Thomas has coming back, as Allen and Bjorklund both participated in senior night last season. They both are currently in Torvik’s rosters 🤷🏻‍♂️

Good catch, I didn’t think to look that in-depth!

• Like 1

They also left Trey off the roster.  He is worth 9-10 more wins a season! Just kidding but still have much love for the sharp shooter.  Trey go and have a big senior season and prove us all wrong!

4 hours ago, ORob2 said:

Projected 5th in the Summit hurts🤕

Based on current rosters the peanut gallery may have a point and of course lots can change. Let them say whatever they want. Thus makes them feel good. We will let our game do the talking and believing Coach Russ will turn the tables.

The SL hopefully eats crow for amateur reporting in 2024.

On 6/4/2023 at 3:22 PM, Keenan Henderson said:

They also left Trey off the roster.  He is worth 9-10 more wins a season! Just kidding but still have much love for the sharp shooter.  Trey go and have a big senior season and prove us all wrong!

Stone cold facts:  compare Trey’s stats with other rosters, and they’re comparable with reserves from last season who will be starting for their respective teams this year. 

I will keep saying this about him (and DJ Weaver as well) until proven wrong:  while I may have agreed with their limited minutes previously, I think we’re going to need (and appreciate) them more this year, and I for one am glad they’re back.  #AllHandsOnDeck

• Like 3

Trey will have a good senior season if he can live up to his name and hit the 3s!  He struggles when he tries to be a ball hog and do those out of control drives to the basket.  Go back to the basics and shoot the 3s and if the shot is not there then pass the ball to the open man.  The old saying for life: Keep It Simple Silly (yes it is it stupid but I like silly better).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2