Transfer Portal 2023

Eaglefan 21

Tonight for sure....🍷🍷🍷

25 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Tonight for sure....🍷

Does the honor code still apply hereI Dont Think So No Way GIF? 😂

Just for fun checked Andrew and Yemi and you guys are right they both played 5 seasons.  Yemi only 6 games his first year but was probaly red shirted or injured that year.  Andrew only played 5 or 6 games his first two seasons.  So technically neither had 5 full seasons (30 plus) and DJ could still break the record for most games played at ORU.  Threw out the old record books with that extra covid season.

5 hours ago, #1ORUFAN said:

Could DJ be the start of a trend for players to stay and finish what they started?

I really hope so. Even if no one else comes back just having a player with DJ’s experience in the front court is such a stabilizing factor. With Mwamba potentially moving on we were going to be very young in the “bigs” department. I think if we can find a couple of true centers and let DJ play the 4 , his shot blocking and help defense would be much more potent.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

D09338EF-D9A1-48AF-9F87-8AFBEC7C37B8.thumb.png.9ecfb8a104c93ce89be4ba8788e0bbe8.pngThat mullet though… also 7 foot and 190 makes Connor look like a beefcake at 220.

6 hours ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

D09338EF-D9A1-48AF-9F87-8AFBEC7C37B8.thumb.png.9ecfb8a104c93ce89be4ba8788e0bbe8.pngThat mullet though… also 7 foot and 190 makes Connor look like a beefcake at 220.

Muller Swag..😂😂Joe Dirt 2 Day GIF

Wonder if Moore is a Morman?....no matter....6-8 is still 6-8........👍

• Upvote 2

Moore is a red shirt freshman with four more years of eligilibity.    ESPN has him listed as 6'9 and 210 lbs.  Hopefully he is ready to come in and give some quality minutes.  You never know with freshmen how long it takes them to be able to contribute.  Even though he is a transfer, it is basically the same as getting a freshmen.

He looks like a stretch four who shot 41% from 3 in high school and averaged about 18 points and 8 rebounds.  Good to see that Coach Springmann is building for the future, instead of only looking at one and done guys from the portal.

Moore — a 6-foot-8, 210 pound wing/stretch forward — originally committed to Rutgers before decommitting and choosing BYU over the likes of blue blood caliber programs such as Kansas, Auburn and Wisconsin. While not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Moore is a devout Christian and was attracted to the religious background and standards at BYU.

“BYU checks so many of the boxes that I wanted,” Moore told The Daily Universe. “It made the most sense and was a no-brainer. The value system is so aligned with mine.”

Raised in California before moving to the Nashville area, Moore averaged 18.5 points and 8 rebounds per game as a junior at Christ Presbyterian Academy while shooting 37% from behind the arc.

As a senior, Moore transferred to Donda Academy — a prep school founded by rapper and pop culture icon Kanye West — where he graced the cover of SLAM magazine with West and the rest of his teammates. At Donda, Moore rubbed shoulders with rappers such as DaBaby and Moneybagg Yo, NBA players such as Lonzo Ball and Danny Green and was even coached in practice on occasion by former NBA All-Star Gilbert Arenas.............

58 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Wonder if Moore is a Morman?....no matter....6-8 is still 6-8........👍

I posted a link to an article underneath the announcement that indicates he is not Mormon. Here’s the link again:

https://www.deseret.com/2022/5/26/23138111/byu-basketball-braeden-moore-became-a-fit-mark-pope-kanye-west-donda-academy-nashville-honor-code#:~:text=Moore isn't a member,he is a devout Christian.

2 hours ago, ORUalum said:

image.thumb.png.d78c45ff103064525e781e23a61f4450.png

Wow, that is an impressive list of schools. I’ll be curious how we landed him? I imagine that several schools from his originally recruiting reached out. Also, seems like he is a wing player more then a post from what I’ve read about him.

23 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Just for fun checked Andrew and Yemi and you guys are right they both played 5 seasons.

Totally unnecessary. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Wow, that is an impressive list of schools. I’ll be curious how we landed him? I imagine that several schools from his originally recruiting reached out. Also, seems like he is a wing player more then a post from what I’ve read about him.

I have a feeling that he and other Christian players are going to find ORU a very attractive place to play while growing in the faith. I would think that parents would be helping to steer their kids to here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1