Trouble in Lubbock?

Texasgrip

13 hours ago, eagle88 said:

Texas Tech is and should be on the suicide watch list. From what they did to Mike Leach and now this coach is inexcusable and will most likely negatively impact their program. They may want Mills but would he even consider them after this incident? I predict not. Go woke and go broke!

Agreed - For a guy that quotes the bible left and right, he's not going to a school that just canned their coach for quoting the wrong verse at the wrong time. 

41 minutes ago, darrenj said:

They have guys that can write that check without even blinking. Look at their basketball facilities. They just built a $32 million basketball facility a couple of years ago. $$ is not their problem. 

Whomever is their new coach is he will want the 5 years at $3 million per year that Adams just got last spring. They will have no problem at all with that. 

Thanks for the information and heads up. I just can’t believe donors would want to do that to get sub par results. They will never win big titles in the Big 12. Oh well.

22 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Agreed - For a guy that quotes the bible left and right, he's not going to a school that just canned their coach for quoting the wrong verse at the wrong time. 

Agreed! Pastor Coach Mills stays at ORU.

16 minutes ago, ORUFanbase said:

Thanks for the information and heads up. I just can’t believe donors would want to do that to get sub par results. They will never win big titles in the Big 12. Oh well.

I'm not sure Texas Tech has been getting sub-par results, they are on ESPN or the deuce 10-15 times a year, selling out every home game in a 15,000 facility and went to the sweet 16 last year and the final 4 in 2019, losing in the national championship game. They are down a little this year, in the toughest league in the country and will still probably get an NIT invite. We would be thrilled with those results!!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ORU40 said:

I'm not sure Texas Tech has been getting sub-par results, they are on ESPN or the deuce 10-15 times a year, selling out every home game in a 15,000 facility and went to the sweet 16 last year and the final 4 in 2019, losing in the national championship game. They are down a little this year, in the toughest league in the country and will still probably get an NIT invite. We would be thrilled with those results!!

Compared to ORU yes Tech has impressive numbers and results. My position on sub-par speaks to how they rank overall historically against the other Texas Schools. UT/A&M/Houston have their number in Baseball, Basketball, & Football. It’s good the Tech is competitive but the other Texas Schools are the main show and Tech is the supporting cast.

20 minutes ago, ORUFanbase said:

Heck they would hire Chris Beard back tomorrow and pay him $ 5 million a year if he would take it!:)  

18 minutes ago, darrenj said:

Heck they would hire Chris Beard back tomorrow and pay him $ 5 million a year if he would take it!:)  

Chris would be a hire to consider but I’m guessing any schools that take him would have him as an assistant first for a few years. We call this “The New Man Second Chance”

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ORUFanbase said:

Chris would be a hire to consider but I’m guessing any schools that take him would have him as an assistant first for a few years. We call this “The New Man Second Chance”

I don't think he has to wait. I bet he gets a job within the next month or so. I believe Ole Miss is trying to wrap him up and that is why they let their coach go early.  

Once all charges were dropped he was getting a new job. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, darrenj said:

I don't think he has to wait. I bet he gets a job within the next month or so. I believe Ole Miss is trying to wrap him up and that is why they let their coach go early.  

If that’s the case that will be a good pick up for ole miss and hope Chris teaches on his unfortunate event and gets behind groups that do work DV. Hopefully his bride to be and him have reconciled and working through it.

7 minutes ago, darrenj said:

Exactly, Beard will not be an assistant, he will be a head coach for a power 5 team next year and will be hired within a month to start recruiting and working the portal. Like him or not, he's a great coach that wins wherever he goes! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ORU40 said:

Exactly, Beard will not be an assistant, he will be a head coach for a power 5 team next year and will be hired within a month to start recruiting and working the portal. Like him or not, he's a great coach that wins wherever he goes! 

Saw Beard is meeting with Ole Miss today about their job. They are trying to lock him up before other teams can get involved i would think. 

4 minutes ago, darrenj said:

Saw Beard is meeting with Ole Miss today about their job. They are trying to lock him up before other teams can get involved i would think. 

Ole Miss. Second Chance U

If I were him, I would hold them off as much as I could to see what other options open up. Those Mississippi schools are tough places to win/live. But, he’s lived in Lubbock so he’s used to it. 

20 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

If I were him, I would hold them off as much as I could to see what other options open up. Those Mississippi schools are tough places to win/live. But, he’s lived in Lubbock so he’s used to it. 

Jason Sudeikis Omg GIF by Apple TV+

15 minutes ago, ORUFanbase said:

Jason Sudeikis Omg GIF by Apple TV+

Thing about Tech is Beard gave them a list of things he wanted and got every single one and still left for TX and didn't even get a raise. However, they would take him back in a heartbeat if he would say yes!:)

• Upvote 1

"Peanut" at the helm!

Former (and beloved) ORU assistant gets the nod for the Big XII tournament.

One drawback:  former ORU SID Cris Belvin now going through Stetson Hatter flashbacks of the guitar tech for Cheap Trick warming-up in the Edmunds Center while he's writing game notes.

Not Listening Season 5 GIF by Friends

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Old Titan said:

"Peanut" at the helm!

Former (and beloved) ORU assistant gets the nod for the Big XII tournament.

One drawback:  former ORU SID Cris Belvin now going through Stetson Hatter flashbacks of the guitar tech for Cheap Trick warming-up in the Edmunds Center while he's writing game notes.

Not Listening Season 5 GIF by Friends

Good luck to Corey….one of the good guys!

• Upvote 1

Happy for Corey! Hopefully this will lead to him getting another opportunity.