Trouble in Lubbock?

Texasgrip

Mark Adams may be headed out the door, possibly a casualty of the current "woke" America culture. I can't speak to his intent (or well-intended use) of Biblical scripture to encourage his players, but the "inappropriate, unacceptable, and racially insensitive comment" accusation comes from a position of ignorance...as usual. Still, probably not a great idea to quote verses about slaves/masters in that setting.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35791167/texas-tech-coach-suspended-racially-insensitive-comment

Adios, coach.....🙄

6 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

Still, probably not a great idea to quote verses about slaves/masters in that setting.

Ya think? 😉

Amazing how comments like that become critical when you're an AD looking for ANY excuse to fire a struggling coach "for cause" to avoid paying-out on his contract.

Will Texas-native Paul Mills make their short list?

25 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Amazing how comments like that become critical whem you're an AD looking for ANY excuse to fire a struggling coach "for cause" to avoid paying-out on his contract.

The thought crossed my mind as well...

Texas Tech is and should be on the suicide watch list. From what they did to Mike Leach and now this coach is inexcusable and will most likely negatively impact their program. They may want Mills but would he even consider them after this incident? I predict not. Go woke and go broke!

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Ya think? 😉

Amazing how comments like that become critical when you're an AD looking for ANY excuse to fire a struggling coach "for cause" to avoid paying-out on his contract.

Obanor would be his cheerleader. 🤣

5 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

Obanor would be his cheerleader. 🤣

Hey, that's DOCTOR Obanor by now - he could be the chancellor that hires him...

• Haha 1

I wouldn't be dismissive of this development, it's a $2mil per year Big 12 coaching opportunity, that plays no games in the Dakota's!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

Mark Adams may be headed out the door, possibly a casualty of the current "woke" America culture. I can't speak to his intent (or well-intended use) of Biblical scripture to encourage his players, but the "inappropriate, unacceptable, and racially insensitive comment" accusation comes from a position of ignorance...as usual. Still, probably not a great idea to quote verses about slaves/masters in that setting.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35791167/texas-tech-coach-suspended-racially-insensitive-comment

I read that if Tech lets go Adams he is guaranteed about 60% of his new contract. That’s lots of money for a sub-par DI Texas program.

2 minutes ago, ORUFanbase said:

I read that if Tech let’s go Adams he is guaranteed about 60% of his new contract. That’s lots of money for a sub-par DI Texas program.

Conditional (from the article): "If Adams were to be fired without cause, he would be owed 60% of what is remaining on his contract: more than $7 million."

See @Old Titan's comment above...

2 minutes ago, Texasgrip said:

Conditional (from the article): "If Adams were to be fired without cause, he would be owed 60% of what is remaining on his contract: more than $7 million."

See @Old Titan's comment above...

Thanks 👍

They could also go after Grant McCasland at North Texas.

No truth to the rumor Tulsa has already e-mailed Eric Konkol's resume anonymously...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Better chance they dig up Eddie Sutton....😛

10 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Sean Sutton???

Hard pass and I am not a Tech fan…😂

2 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Better chance they dig up Eddie Sutton....😛

Freezing Bill Murray GIF
that’s cold…..😂

20 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

He just made the AD a very happy man if they can now fire him for cause. The AD is taking a lot of heat for extended him last year for $3 million a year for 5 yrs. 

12 hours ago, ORUFanbase said:

I read that if Tech lets go Adams he is guaranteed about 60% of his new contract. That’s lots of money for a sub-par DI Texas program.

They have guys that can write that check without even blinking. Look at their basketball facilities. They just built a $32 million basketball facility a couple of years ago. $$ is not their problem. 

Whomever is their new coach is he will want the 5 years at $3 million per year that Adams just got last spring. They will have no problem at all with that.