ORU v UND

Otis 83

3 hours ago, ManiacAlum said:

Midco Sports on pace to ramrod an ad for every Dakota based business into this broadcast.

I found the ads to be invasive and annoying!  Perhaps during a time out or a stop in play, but pplleeaassee  …  NOT during the game. 

And another thing:  didn’t many of us already PAY for either ESPN+ or Midco Sports?  Then should the GAME be (mostly) ad free?

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, ttowncount said:

I found the ads to be invasive and annoying!  Perhaps during a time out or a stop in play, but pplleeaassee  …  NOT during the game. 

And another thing:  didn’t many of us already PAY for either ESPN+ or Midco Sports?  Then should the GAME be (mostly) ad free?

LOL - let me introduce you to my Direct TV package, where dozens of home shopping and pay-per-view channels crop up in the dead of night on almost a weekly basis, despite my attempts to weed them out of my "Favorite Channels" list.

• Upvote 1

A revealing quote from Coach Sather at the end of the article; sadly sounds like a man who is worried about his future at UND.

• Upvote 1

The announcer said tonight: ORU looks like a well oiled machine!  That pretty much sums up tonight's performance.

In the UND pregame, the trainer said Max has a mild knee sprain.  He just did not look like himself tonight and was more of a passer (6 assists) then the big time scorer that we are used to seeing night in and night out.  Is that a concern moving forward?

22 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

In the UND pregame, the trainer said Max has a mild knee sprain.  He just did not look like himself tonight and was more of a passer (6 assists) then the big time scorer that we are used to seeing night in and night out.  Is that a concern moving forward?

Dad says he is okay. 

• Like 1

Max looked great on defense and running the offense; he simply was not looking to score - it wasn’t needed.

• Like 1

I believe Max is injured, looks like his left knee. He is not able to comfortably get his shot off in the paint, or finish his layups like he is used to. 

A few thoughts on last night's win:

Very impressed with the three point defense as the Eagles held the Hawks to 2-12 from 3 in the first half.  UND made a few more in the second half but by then the game was basically over.

Carlos is playing with as much confidence as I have seen since he joined the team five years ago.  In  the last 7 games he is averaging 14 points a game.

DJ looked like he was playing more aggressively than usual. The seniors want this tournament really badly.

Connor was in a good rhythm with the mid range shot and seems to be really locked in. 

The whole team looked confident and on a mission to win a trip to the Big Dance.

ORU forced 15 turnovers and only had 2, with the first one coming at the 13 minute mark of the second half.  Very impressive!

• Like 1

THe ONLY THING LOUDER THAN THE VOICEOVER IN THIS VIDEO IS THE SO-CALLED BACKGROUND MUSIC COURTESY OF THE RALPH CARMICHAEL ORCHESTRA!! 🤪

(lol - adjust volume accordingly...)

23 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

THe ONLY THING LOUDER THAN THE VOICEOVER IN THIS VIDEO IS THE SO-CALLED BACKGROUND MUSIC COURTESY OF THE RALPH CARMICHAEL ORCHESTRA!! 🤪

Good grief. Production 101: review before posting.

Love the Ralph Carmichael reference, OT. A real pioneer in contemporary Christian music. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2023 at 10:48 PM, Old Titan said:

A revealing quote from Coach Sather at the end of the article; sadly sounds like a man who is worried about his future at UND.

I interpreted his comments in the same way but according to this column those remarks are more about the potential of losing good players to the portal. The portal has hit some of Summit teams hard. It seems it is especially difficult for the lower tier of the conference. They find a kid who was either under the radar or flourishes at their school only to lose them to the portal. 

https://www.inforum.com/sports/mcfeely-9