ORU v UND

Otis 83

Fan Duels has the Golden Eagles opening at a 14.5 point favorite and an o/u of 156. Good guys 85-71.  That’s decidedly stronger than our two regular season meetings with the “fighting hawks.”  If i were a betting man I’d lay the points. However I am not, I repeat NOT, glorifying gambling. It’s just a data point. 

Expect that UND will give ORU their best shot and shoot a lot of 3s to keep it close.  One concern is the Eagle's rebounding.  The last four games they have been out rebounded by about 8 a game.  ORU cannot keep giving the Hawks second chance points or multiple looks at 3s per possession.  I expect it to be a battle but ORU holds on at the end and wins 80-73.

• Like 2

Might be one of the few Summit League opponents where ORU should be more deliberate on offense to get the best shot possible; either at the rim or from three.  UND isn't the greatest defensive team, and in their "new look" they want to run and shoot threes.  Don't let them...

• Like 4

TheEagleman has zero concerns tonight....clear the bench....ORU 88 UND 66....😛

• Upvote 2

It is time for March Madness but also time for Max Madness or Mad Max.  Max has struggled of late but starting tonight, he needs to pick up the pace and have around 25-30.  Hopefully the Summit League Player of the Year is healthy and ready to go tonight. Be that All American player tonight!

• Upvote 2

My son works at the Dutch Bros. coffee at 106th and Memorial - I think all of the Tulsa stores are running this special today!

F1BE9B74-7C91-447D-968B-249DD9F49371.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Texasgrip said:

My son works at the Dutch Bros. coffee at 106th and Memorial - I think all of the Tulsa stores are running this special today!

F1BE9B74-7C91-447D-968B-249DD9F49371.jpeg

We took advantage.  It was yummy!

• Like 2

It doesn’t look like there’s a very big crowd. I thought Mills ticked off two entire states. 

1 minute ago, Otis 83 said:

It doesn’t look like there’s a very big crowd. I thought Mills ticked off two entire states. 

It sounded like Mills was booed when announced

Are any students there? I don't see any from the limited camera views.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

It sounded like Mills was booed when announced

Are any students there? I don't see any from the limited camera views.

I heard the smattering of boos too. 

Catching this game with audio and stats. I love the balanced scoring! I am not worried about Max still getting his points. It's great that Trey Phipps can spell him at this early stage of the game!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ron said:

Catching this game with audio and stats. I love the balanced scoring! I am not worried about Max still getting his points. It's great that Trey Phipps can spell him at this early stage of the game!

I agree. Rest Max and Connor as much as possible.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

I agree. Rest Max and Connor as much as possible.

Yeah, it might be wise to go to our ninth and tenth man if possible today.

Top seed looking the part after a half.

Mwamba, Jurgens, Weaver, Thompson (and Phipps!) bringing the intensity on the defensive end 💪

ORU on pace to go over the century mark.

Midco Sports on pace to ramrod an ad for every Dakota based business into this broadcast.