2023 Conference Tournaments

Old Titan

43 minutes ago, ORUTex said:

Utah State goes 4-23 (17%) from three and 7-14 (50%) from the line in a 62-57 loss. Against ORU early in the year, they made an amazing 19 of 31 threes (61%) and 18-23 free throws (78%) in a 95-85 win. I'm sure SDSU's defense was a lot better than ORU's, and USU was launching some threes at the end to try to comeback, but sometimes it really does just come down to whether the shots are falling. The ORU game would have been very different had USU shot any reasonable % from 3. 

Three games in three days also can also significantly disadvantage a three-point shooting team, as Utah State proved this afternoon.

San Diego State is one of 10-12 teams that are possible first-round opponents for ORU.  I don't think they would be a good matchup for ORU, as their defensive intensity and offensive rebounding are both among the top teams in the country this year.  Also, I'd much rather face a 2nd/3rd/4th place team from a major conference than the Regular Season AND Tournament Champions of the Mountain West. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Nice late game GCU vs S Utah 2 teams with some past ties to ORU. Go GCU!

VCU and Dayton look like they may go down to the wire. Dayton was up 41-30 early in the second half. It's now 50-49 Dayton with just under 10 minutes left.

I think a Dayton win could slightly help ORU, as VCU is projected as another 12 seed, with a 58 NET, while Dayton is a little lower at 74.