The brackets are set! Thoughts?

jmg1984

North Dakota has the best momentum coming into the tourney of any 7-10 seeded team, so I would expect ORU to be matched up with the boys from Grand Forks on Saturday.  

In the other Friday game, it’s hard to predict a winner.  KC comes into the game on a five game losing streak, in which the AVERAGE margin of victory was over 21 points! 😳

Meanwhile, Omaha is 1-11 in their last twelve games.  

Might as well tell the Mavs and Roos to stay home and give SDSU a bye.  

One game at a time this week. Boys need to be smart on Offense (lots of rebounding, 3s not from everyone, and it’s ok to take more jumpers.)

• Upvote 1

KC lost one of their talented guards, S. Allen, who averages about 17 points a game.  They have been a shell of themselves since his injury.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ORUFanbase said:

One game at a time this week. Boys need to be smart on Offense (lots of rebounding, 3s not from everyone, and it’s ok to take more jumpers.)

I think on this team just about everyone has a green light on the trey. Who would you like to see taking fewer 3-point shots?

2 hours ago, tmh8286 said:

I think on this team just about everyone has a green light on the trey. Who would you like to see taking fewer 3-point shots?

Conner, but not for the reasons might suspect. Id like to see more give and go action with Conner or Conner hitting a baseline cutter

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Ting said:

Conner, but not for the reasons might suspect. Id like to see more give and go action with Conner or Conner hitting a baseline cutter

Agreed. If Connor is on, he can (and should) drain some threes. But I'd like to see the drive and dish utilized a good bit more. Max, McBride, and Carlos can all do this easily - and then their drive and finish would open up even more. #playaction

22 hours ago, tmh8286 said:

Hello,

Yes the whole team can shoot 3s. But last year proved that not everyone should be taking 3s and especially late in the game. 

Max, Isaac, Kareem, & Carlos should be the ones taking 3s anytime in the game. Everyone else prior to midway through the second half.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, ORUFanbase said:

Hello,

Yes the whole team can shot 3s. But last year proved that not everyone should be taking 3s and especially late in the game. 

Max, Isaac, Kareem, & Carlos should be the ones taking 3s anytime in the game. Everyone else prior to midway through the second half.

Based on season stats, the Condor should have the green light too - especially if he's hitting...

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 1.29.17 PM.png

2 hours ago, ORUFanbase said:

Hello,

Yes the whole team can shot 3s. But last year proved that not everyone should be taking 3s and especially late in the game. 

Mwamba,I'd rather have him wreaking havoc on the offensive boards! 💪

We have a lethal model, not one player should be left unguarded from 3, Mwamba hit a couple big threes against SDSU. When you have an entire team stretching the defense like that, it opens up back door cuts, and penetration. 

It's really hard to say wether or not we are holding back, but it's hard to imagine after clobbering most teams by 30-40 points, we decided it was better to slow it down, and go iso in the paint. 

I think some of the officiating has affected our players ability to play "their game". For instance, Max had like 3 offensive fouls called against him at SDSU. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1