The brackets are set! Thoughts?

jmg1984

A very favorable draw for ORU...no excuse not to be on ESPN2 on March 7th probably in a rematch with SDSU but ya never know....God Bless the Golden Eagles....😍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Can't face a South Dakota team until the finals, and with "chalk" outcomes no North Dakota school, either.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

I like the draw. Especially avoiding SDSU until a potential championship match up.

Browsing around conference tournament brackets I found this from the WCC. Look at how they protect their #1 and #2 seeds!

spacer.png

• Upvote 6

54 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

I like the draw. Especially avoiding SDSU until a potential championship match up.

Browsing around conference tournament brackets I found this from the WCC. Look at how they protect their #1 and #2 seeds!

spacer.png

That is awesome!

1 hour ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

spacer.png

That would be awesome, but the Summit League and the Sioux Falls Tourist and Convention Bureau would never go for it:  the first couple of days would be too poorly attended in the arena/hotels/restaurants/etc. on both the men's and women's side, since the South Dakota schools traditionally end up in the top four of their respective regular seasons.

It is a good draw and would be even better with a few upsets!  I would like to see ORU play: Denver, WIU, and South Dakota.  That would be a dream draw for the Eagles.  May not happen but one can hope! Tournament time is exciting because you never know what can happen.

• Like 2

Refresh my memory:  if St. Thomas were to upset ORU in the semi's and go on to win the whole thing, does ORU still get the auto bid?

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Refresh my memory:  if St. Thomas were to upset ORU in the semi's and go on to win the whole thing, does ORU still get the auto bid?

Correct! #gotommies

4 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

spacer.png

I quess so wow!!

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Wouldn't it be the team that loses in the final?

27 minutes ago, jmg1984 said:

Wouldn't it be the team that loses in the final?

Regular season champion goes to the NCAA tournament if St. Thomas wins the Summit League Tournament.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SpaceManSpiff said:

Regular season champion goes to the NCAA tournament if St. Thomas wins the Summit League Tournament.

Correct. I posted an article with this confirmation earlier. Too lazy to find it again now. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:Browsing around conference tournament brackets I found this from the WCC. Look at how they protect their #1 and #2 seeds!

spacer.png

It seems like this would make even more sense in the Summit League.

• Like 1