Top 25?

ORob1

The TW article on the championship game showed our seats for that night. We’re not short guys and Connor’s elbow is blocking my face. 

81053AA3-4A10-4D1C-8AE7-94C76C5BD88F.webp

• Upvote 2

I loved that Williams got that dunk!

1 hour ago, OKC Eagle said:

This was Saturday night with ORU Tex. No beer. 

7623BBD8-4C0D-4AAE-8BFA-DEE8E13D4A1C.jpeg

Classic!  While watching the games I would hit pause and point at the TV and say to my wife "That's one of my internet friends and that's one of my internet friends, that guy I know in real life ( @Sterns78 )"  She thought it was funny and she rarely thinks I'm funny.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

I loved that Williams got that dunk!

I'm so excited to watch him play next season.

Does anyone think that any of our players who spent most of the season on the bench will jump ship? Or will they all see that with Max and the others graduating, it will be their time to shine? That we will absolutely NEED them to keep the madness going? 

17 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Anyone impressed that I'm just letting this one go??

Maybe "stunned" is a better word?

Yeah, me too...go figure.

3 hours ago, oruvoice said:

I just figured the new 2009 dude got into the Eagleman's chianti and I'd never argue with a drunk guy. 

Funny, My previous sn was wakeflip1. Unfortunately I can't access the email associated with changing the password so instead of reaching out to the mods I made a new one. 

If I came across to passionate about my point of view, I apologize. I left the door open for OT to be correct, I've always enjoyed his point of view and only tried to give his explanation/argument my best counter. It's all coming from a place of love for ORU and some friendly banter. 

• Like 2

In one of his many recent interviews, Coach Mills said all of his players are eligible for one more year, but that now is not the time to discuss it. What if....???

1 hour ago, ORUFan2009 said:

If I came across to passionate about my point of view, I apologize. I left the door open for OT to be correct, I've always enjoyed his point of view and only tried to give his explanation/argument my best counter. It's all coming from a place of love for ORU and some friendly banter. 

No malice intended, I just felt like I made my point in my initial post on the subject, no point in my repeating it other than trying to have the last word.

I'll say this much:  it was fantastic to see ORU take such advantage of the national stage on ESPN2.  One need only search for the term "Oral Roberts" on Twitter and then scroll back to the tweets from 8:30pm Central Tuesday night to about midnight, and it's a virtual lovefest of college basketball fans who (1) had never seen ORU play and (2) are now convinced the Golden Eagles are Final Four material! 🤩

• Upvote 2

Hey everybody. The first time was totally exciting and we may be excused, I think, for looking as excited as we felt. This time though, has anyone been working on their "been there, done that" look? Just checking up. Wouldn't want to appear overeager, would we? 🤪

17 minutes ago, ron said:

Hey everybody. The first time was totally exciting and we may be excused, I think, for looking as excited as we felt. This time though, has anyone been working on their "been there, done that" look? Just checking up. Wouldn't want to appear overeager, would we? 🤪

Honestly, I'm almost a bit giddy. I am not worried about cool right now. I am too busy just enjoying the moment, whatever the moment brings with it. That may not slow down for a while either. I know next to nothing about filling out a bracket for March Madness, but will fill one out this year for the first time, convinced that I will be the first one to get it 💯% correct. 😆 I've never laid down a bet either, but I thought about it this time. (P.S. - I won't. That's not me.) I do wish I had a few ORU grads around here to be able to celebrate and watch with. I am, however, not aware of anyone.

Back on the subject now though, all sentimentality aside for a split second, do we know yet if they are doing one more top 25 poll before Selection Sunday?

• Upvote 1

I yell myself hoarse at the game, but who gets on Sports Center? Mama Sterns and Chris Busch! (far right). ORU Tex and OKC Eagle were the tv stars, however.

Summit champs.JPG

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sterns78 said:

I yell myself hoarse at the game, but who gets on Sports Center? Mama Sterns and Chris Busch! (far right). ORU Tex and OKC Eagle were the tv stars, however.

Summit champs.JPG

Nice 21-0 tshirts!!

12 hours ago, ORUTex said:

The TW article on the championship game showed our seats for that night. We’re not short guys and Connor’s elbow is blocking my face. 

81053AA3-4A10-4D1C-8AE7-94C76C5BD88F.webp

Lol, Conner getting more air than when he dunks. Awesome!

• Haha 3

ORU picks up more votes, but is leap-frogged in the final regular season AP Top 25 to finish at No. 27 with 58 votes.

Funny how Duke, who was unranked with less votes ORU just a couple of weeks ago, has skyrocketed to No. 12 in this final poll.

Winning the ACC tourney, including beating two Top-15 teams (and 9 straight overall) ain't too shabby.

Memphis and FAU leap-frogging us is more suspect than Duke doing so.

• Upvote 1

Let's face it....Dick Vitale is senile....heck he's even older than TheEagleman......ORU would handle Florida Atlantic....maybe that will be a Sweet 16 matchup???....😉

I'm ok with it, if they weren't voting ORU in before don't start the week of the tourney. 

Duke has played great, I am actually amazed they dropped that far out of the poll to begin with. 

Don't even worry about little ol ORU over here, please read all the press clippings and start planning ahead! 🤫

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Let's face it....Dick Vitale is senile....heck he's even older than TheEagleman......ORU would handle Florida Atlantic....maybe that will be a Sweet 16 matchup???....😉

And a big Duke kiss up😄😦

• Upvote 1