Top 25?

ORob1

This week’s voting should be interesting!  Several teams just ahead of us, have already lost or are currently losing…😎

Rob

• Like 2

We should be close, say around 28-26 range.  If they win their first round game next Saturday then I would expect them to be in the Top 25 by the March 6th week.  So maybe in one more week!

3 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

This week’s voting should be interesting!  Several teams just ahead of us, have already lost or are currently losing…😎

Rob

Love your profile photo, Rob!!!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

We should be close, say around 28-26 range.  If they win their first round game next Saturday then I would expect them to be in the Top 25 by the March 6th week.  So maybe in one more week!

Keenan, we’re 28 now and multiple teams between #20 and us have lost…we’ll see. 

Rob

2E05377C-27EA-472F-BFBA-EAC5D37720A6.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

Love your profile photo, Rob!!!

Thanks, Tim!  Kareem wanted his picture made with us so fortunately I was able to accommodate him. It was Senior Night after all so it was the least I could do for him.  😉

Rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

At 27-4.....ORU has to be in the conversation for the AP Top 25.....best season ORU has had in over half a century since the year BEFORE TheEagleman enrolled in 1971-72......let's keep it rolling.....:circle-logoi:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ORob1 said:

Thanks, Tim!  Kareem wanted his picture made with us so fortunately I was able to accommodate him. It was Senior Night after all so it was the least I could do for him.  😉

Rob

Just a bunch of Alabama guys 😄 WAR Golden Eagles 😄

• Upvote 1

That's a lot of votes needed to crack 25th; I'm guessing 26th at best in this week's poll (Feb. 27th).

BUT, if ORU is sitting at 28-4 NEXT Monday (March 6th), with their Summit League Tournament semi-final game looming that evening, THEN they might just crack the 25th or even 24th place.

• Upvote 2

We will just have to do our "talking" on the floor.  Continue to take care of business and everything else will fall into place.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The latest poll is surprising that ORU is 100 votes behind Pitt for moving into the Top 25.  They only moved from tied for 28th to alone at 28th in this poll.  The Eagles will have to finish 30-4 and make the poll on March 13th, which is the final one before the tournament.

Others such as Andy Katz, do not even have them in the top 36 power rankings.  SDSU ran into the same problem last year as they were 30-4 and were still in the others receiving votes section.  As long as ORU makes the Big Dance, everything else is just icing on the cake.

• Upvote 1

Still knocking at the door at No. 28.

Let's face it:  some folks in this poll wouldn't rank ORU for personal reasons even if they were 31-0 (seriously).

Those who did show ORU some love this week, totaling 40 votes:

• Andrew Kahn, Ann Arbor (MI) News - 24th (2 votes)
  • Brenna Greene, KOIN-TV (Portland, OR) - 25th (1 vote)
  • Bret Bloomquist, E Paso (TX) Times - 22nd (4 votes)
  • Dave Borges, New Haven (CT) Register - 22nd (4 votes)
  • David Cloninger, The State (Columbia, SC) - 20th (6 votes)
  • Donna Ditota, Syracuse (NY) Post-Standard - 25th (1 vote)
  • Kelly Hines, Tulsa World - 23rd (3 votes)
  • Chad Leistkow, Des Moines (IA) Register - 24th (2 votes)
  • Mia O'Brien, First Coast News (Jacksonville, FL) - 25th (1 vote)
  • Dave Preston, WTOP Radio (Washington, DC) - 25th (1 vote)
  • Marcus Fuller, St. Paul (MN) Pioneer Press - 25th (1 vote)
  • Justin Jackson, Morgantown (WV) Dominion Post - 23rd (3 votes)
  • Mike Rodak, AL.com (Birmingham, AL) - 24th (2 votes)
  • Rick Bozich, WDRB-TV (Louisville, KY) - 23rd (3 votes)
  • Sam Cannon, All Bruins (Los Angeles, CA) - 25th (1 vote)
  • Zach Klein, WSB (Atlanta, GA) - 21st (5 votes)

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

The latest poll is surprising that ORU is 100 votes behind Pitt for moving into the Top 25.  They only moved from tied for 28th to alone at 28th in this poll.  The Eagles will have to finish 30-4 and make the poll on March 13th, which is the final one before the tournament.

Others such as Andy Katz, do not even have them in the top 36 power rankings.  SDSU ran into the same problem last year as they were 30-4 and were still in the others receiving votes section.  As long as ORU makes the Big Dance, everything else is just icing on the cake.

Keep in mind the poll voters with vested stakes in ESPN, FOX, etc. are going to spend more votes at the end of their ballots propping up teams from the conferences they broadcast rather than acknowledging the little guys. 

You can see it plainly in their ballots:  they are "company men" through and through... 🙄

• Upvote 2

Hello,

orumbb getting the votes they did is great and we just need to win Out the conference and handle business. 

If ORU is 30-4 after next Tuesday then probably a 50-50 shot to be in the final regular season AP poll.....lose next weekend and we obviously are cooked.....but after winning at Brookings, TheEagleman is very optimistic that ORU can complete the hat trick if needed vs. the Jacks....Good Guys won even without their A game.....no doubt we are going to have to rise to the next level to win this tournament....can't have Max going 2-10 from the floor and expect to make the NCAAs.....hopefully the guys are spending the week getting focused.....guessing the team will fly up to Sioux Falls on Wednesday afternoon??? 😎

TheEagleman was at Rider U. yesterday afternoon with my 17 yr old grandson watching them play Mt. St. Marys.....a MAAC mid major classic....both teams stunk.....ORU would beat either one by 25+.....just sloppy basketball in front of a packed gym of 1600......😬

I guess to be fair, it was a pretty insane basketball weekend so I'm surprised ORU even got this many people to put them on a ballot. 

Kinda the way all these voters put Charleston in the top 20 based on watching them win their own tournament on ESPN the week of Thanksgiving. What happened? It's the same team and now they're 28-3! lol