Top 25?

ORob1

6 hours ago, eagle88 said:

ORU could likely be ranked 24 or 25 this week. Theoretically we should be a 6 or 7 seed but being a mid major on the rise we won't be ranked that high. I remember Gonzaga going through the same process. The more they started winning year in and year out the more respect and love they got and their seeding went up progressively. Sort of like paying your dues and earning seniority in a company. With incredible facilities and having the right coach ORU's upside is going to be fun to watch. I pray Mills truly loves ORU and wants to build a dynasty!

I honestly believe he does! I don't think it's just wishful thinking on my part.

• Upvote 1

Don't be surprised of the ORU Golden Eagles get a 10 seed.....I could see that happening......but no lower than 11..... Image result for George Costanza

7 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Anyone impressed that I'm just letting this one go??

Maybe "stunned" is a better word?

Yeah, me too...go figure.

🙋‍♂️

I’m shocked. Figured it was coming.  🤭

Rob

7 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Anyone impressed that I'm just letting this one go??

Maybe "stunned" is a better word?

Yeah, me too...go figure.

It is great to see the personal growth OT.  I'm very proud of you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but TheEagleman was pretty sure he saw OKCEagle during the ESPN2 broadcast sitting a few rows behind the ORU bench....did not notice if he had a 🍺 in hand.....😮

• Like 1

I did have a question about how March Madness TV schedules are determined? 

In the 64 team CBS era of the tournament, ORU has only ever played in that Thursday early afternoon time slot. (In 2021 the first day ended up being Friday)

Not that I'm complaining, I figure the region has a lot to do with it.

6 hours ago, ORob1 said:

🙋‍♂️

I’m shocked. Figured it was coming.  🤭

Rob

I just figured the new 2009 dude got into the Eagleman's chianti and I'd never argue with a drunk guy. 

1 hour ago, ManiacAlum said:

I did have a question about how March Madness TV schedules are determined? 

In the 64 team CBS era of the tournament, ORU has only ever played in that Thursday early afternoon time slot. (In 2021 the first day ended up being Friday)

Not that I'm complaining, I figure the region has a lot to do with it.

ORU's (and every other Summit team, for that matter) typical seeding in the 16-to-13 range puts them in games that were/are not anticipated to be very competitive, plus ORU has little "Q" factor nationally, no matter how good the team is that year.  Consequently, Thursday afternoon on TruTV.

As a 30-win 12-seed this year, ORU might enjoy a little more notoriety, but would still require a "name" opponent to warrant prime time viewing. 

Which could conceivably lead to a broadcast team that has seen the "name" team before on previous broadcasts, while ORU falls once again into the role of "The Opponent" with which they have no familiarity, beyond the game notes.

Think of it as "Midco Sports II"....

3 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but TheEagleman was pretty sure he saw OKCEagle during the ESPN2 broadcast sitting a few rows behind the ORU bench....did not notice if he had a 🍺 in hand.....😮

This was Saturday night with ORU Tex. No beer. 

7623BBD8-4C0D-4AAE-8BFA-DEE8E13D4A1C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Come on, OKC.....great pic but what would have put you in the ORU HOF would have been an ice cold beer in one of those hands....Grip and TheEagleman would have been singing your praises until the day we die......Image result for Fan with Beer in Hand

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Come on, OKC.....great pic but what would have put you in the ORU HOF would have been an ice cold beer in one of those hands....Grip and TheEagleman would have been singing your praises until the day we die......Image result for Fan with Beer in Hand

Where is the ORU Honor Code? 😂

18 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

This was Saturday night with ORU Tex. No beer. 

7623BBD8-4C0D-4AAE-8BFA-DEE8E13D4A1C.jpeg

President Wilson in the background...

Even better.....FYI....Honor Code expires when the diploma changes hands......Image result for Oral Roberts Handing Out graduation Diploma photos

3 minutes ago, titansforever said:

President Wilson in the background...

Could that explain the no beer?  Who knows?

And just let me add....TheEagleman is a BIG supporter of the ORU Honor and for the most part I followed it as a student......I swear...why do you think I got married at 19?????  Image result for George Costanza

46 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

Could that explain the no beer?  Who knows?

One of life's great mysteries.