ORU at Texas State

Otis 83

The Golden Eagles roll into San Marcos for a three game set with the Texas State Bobcats.   The Bobcats are 3-0 in this young season having swept Northwestern in their opening homestand.  Not sure about Northwestern's pitching but the Bobcats put up 12, 20 and 24 runs in the three games.  Of interest to me, after the Missouri St game, was the fact that the Bobcats hit 13 homeruns over the 3 games.  @TrueBlue82I did the math in my head so feel free to check my figures.

Games on Saturday and Sunday can be found on ESPN+

Trivia time:  Did you know that Texas State is the only college in Texas that can boast that it has a US President among its alumni?

2 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

I forgot that the teachers’ college the Lyndon B. Johnson attended became Texas State. 

It has had a number of names over the years, Southwest Texas State Normal School (my personal favorite), Southwest Texas State Teachers College, Southwest Texas State and finally Texas State.

My questions are:  1) Have the Fightin' Armadillos come off of NCAA sanctions, 2) Does Paul Blake still have any eligibility left at QB, and 3) Did Coach Ed Gennero get over his heart issues and continue to coach?  jk

It does make you consider whether the regents at Southwest Texas State considered Necessary Roughness when they changed the name.  Sinbad is underrated.

Oh and one more thing....the Cowboys should sign Lucy Draper 🤣

Edited by Otis 83
  • Haha 1

1-1 in the B6. ORU out-hitting Texas State 5-1, but their one hit was a solo homer... ORU has also left 5 on base compared to 0 for TS. Gotta plate some of those runners!

EDIT: Their 2nd hit of the game was a 2-run shot. Now 3-1 TS.

Edited by Texasgrip

Good old fashioned pitcher’s duel.

ORU starter Jakob Hall with 8 strikeouts through 7 frames; Texas State has countered with their 3rd-team All-American starting pitcher and 2nd-team All-American reliever. 

Nice rally in the top of the ninth by the bottom-third of the order against the All-American reliever, plating a run and reaching second with the tying run before falling 3-2.

The defending Sunbelt Conference champion Bobcats stay undefeated at 4-0; the two teams square off again Saturday.

• Upvote 1

I followed the live stats on my ipad while watching my daughter's meet on the Roku.  It seems like the Bobcats have a good squad.  I was impressed with our team battling to the end.  I was especially impressed with how our pitchers were able to quiet the Bobcats' bats after that homerun explosion against Northwestern.  Hopefully we even the series today.  Go Golden Eagles!

• Like 1

ORU with an insurance run in the T9 and holds on for the G2 win over the Bobcats in San Marcos 6-3.

• Like 1

Good job by the team tying up  the series.  No let’s win the rubber match tomorrow!

• Upvote 1

That is a nice win for ORU....Texas State with only 5 hits total in two games after getting just a pair today.....great Golden Eagle pitching down in the Lone Star State.... :shield-logo:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

We have left 19 men on base in the two games so far.  It isn't like we can't hit these guys.....we are just having a time hitting in the clutch.  As Yogi would say, "90% of the game is half mental."  We fix the mental part of the game, the physical part of the game seems to be there for a special season.

• Haha 1

Cade Denton is the real deal.....he's going to be a high draft pick in June......:tb-white:

48 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Cade Denton is the real deal.....he's going to be a high draft pick in June......:tb-white:

I will go a step further and predict that we will see Cade in The Show one day.

• Upvote 1

Just heard the announcer say there were about 1700 in attendance for yesterday's game! Wow.