at South Dakota - Thu, 2/23

Old Titan

Coyotes appear to have packed it in for the season....doubtful that this will be much of a contest tonight unless the Good Guys are looking ahead or are just frozen stiff... fortunately the game is played inside so we should be fine once we thaw out....ORU wins by double digits and hopefully warms up for a bigger game in Brookings on Saturday Night.....:southdakota::tb-white:

South Dakota has certainly underperformed this season. While they are a bit undersized, their roster seems to be talented with lots of experience. It is a bit of a head scratcher. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

South Dakota has certainly underperformed this season. While they are a bit undersized, their roster seems to be talented with lots of experience. It is a bit of a head scratcher. 

Having a new head coach who missed several weeks of the season after taking a serious fall at his home may have affected their locker room.  

14 hours ago, tmh8286 said:

I was wondering the same thing. Those North(oops!) South Dakotans are tough, though. Sub-zero temps probably won't slow 'em down!

In a thread in the Summit League section I talked about standing in line at a BBQ joint chatting with a South Dakota fan.  This was in December when half the population of the Dakotas descended on the metroplex.  As usual the line was out the door so we were standing in the parking lot.  It wasn't cold that night in North Texas but I considered it to be chilly.  I was wearing jeans and had a light ORU jacket on but could still feel the chill.  South Dakota fan was in shorts and Jackrabbits t-shirt and was comfy as he could be.  I asked him if our weather felt like springtime to him and he laughed in agreement.

I've also noticed that many fans of all the Dakota schools carry a layer of insulation if you know what I mean 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Here's hoping for an easy win so the starters are rested for what should be a tough game on Sat!🏀

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Having a new head coach who missed several weeks of the season after taking a serious fall at his home may have affected their locker room.  

I forgot about that. They’ve had a tough season. 

7 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

,,,,,and hopefully warms up for a bigger game in Brookings on Saturday Night.....:southdakota::tb-white:

Just a reminder that Saturday's game is another 2:00 p.m. (short turnaround) game in Brookings.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

Just a reminder that Saturday's game is another 2:00 p.m. (short turnaround) game in Brookings.

Thanks Bogus and as best as I can tell there are no viewing options other than SDSUs paywall.

Just keep AJ from  hitting two many threes and ORU should win.  It would be good to see Connor have a big night inside, as he has been somewhat quite over the last two games: only scoring 6.5 on the final home stand.  Eagles can post him on their small front court and then that will open it outside for the shooters.  Expect a tough game but ORU finishes the Coyotes in the second half: 84-75.

ORU struggles from three but scores inside whenever they want.  Get the ball in the paint.  Pretty simple

Max has 0 made 3s and McBride has 0 made field goals at the half. And we still lead. Second half seems some return to normal and we run it up. Let’s watch and see. Too close of games these past few. 

We are back to just not being able to really put teams away like earlier in the season. We will need our A game Saturday night. 

• Like 1

ORU cruises to 26-4 (17-0) tonight hopefully saving the better effort for Saturday in Brookings....nice night for Mr. Vanover....bring on the Jacks!😎

Good win for the Eagles tonight.  Very balanced attack and Connor took over inside.  

I have to wonder about USD starting a center at 6'4 and sitting three starters at the beginning.  That helped ORU to an 11-0 lead after 5 minutes and then they basically broke even the rest of the game for an 82-70 win.  Patrick made some big plays that helped build a big lead.

Let’s call this a coast to a win. Saving the gas for Saturday. My apparent disappointment shows how high this team has set my expectations. I just want to destroy everyone instead of playing with the food. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Good to see Carlos and Patrick making some threes as teams seem content to let them shoot open shots from long range.  Carlos with a double double and Kareem with solid numbers.  The seniors continue to shine.  ORU never trailed and led by as many as 27.  

The numbers that helped the Eagles win: 16-0 on fast break points and 16 assists.  That will win a team plenty of games and it is good to be 17-0 in league play.

• Like 1