at South Dakota - Thu, 2/23

Old Titan

Nothing like the Dakotas in late February and all of March:  the start of storm season in the lower plains is blizzard season up there...

Latest forecast:

USD weather.jpeg

Let us hope the shooting heats up for ORU as they have struggled in the last couple of games.  Max was only 33% in the final home stand.  

Look for USD to play much better than the 50 point blow out at the Mabee Center.  They are 7-5 at home, which is a lot better than their road record.  As long as the Coyotes do not hit 15-20 threes, then the Eagles should still win by 10-15.  Time to win 13 in a row!

Something tells me this road trip will not be cancelled due to weather.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

USD has very little inside presence and sometimes has five guards on the floor.  I thought ORU played small ball but the Coyotes have taken it to a whole other level.  ORU has been out rebounded the last few games but they should control the paint against the Coyotes.  It will probaly be a close first half but then the Eagles pull away in the second half.  

Prayers up for the team en route by air this afternoon, with blizzard conditions upon arrival.

Not sure if they are heading to Sioux Falls, SD (one hour north of USD campus in Vermillion), or to Sioux City, IA (30 minutes southeast of Vermillion).

All things considered, couldn't care less at this point whether they win these games in South Dakota; just want to see them home safely...

• Upvote 2

ORU opens at -14 on the road.  O/U at 153.5, so 84-70.  Could happen, but I’d be more confident of a closer and lower scoring game.  

Thank you, Lord for their safe arrival. Please protect others whether travelling by air or lands. Amen.

35 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Just got an update:  team has arrived safely in Sioux City, IA. 

Jurassic Park Wow GIF by Spotify

Thanks for the update and praise the Lord!

Meanwhile the Coyotes were praying ORU wouldn't show up....Good Guys 89  USD 66...🤩

On 2/21/2023 at 2:41 PM, Old Titan said:

Nothing like the Dakotas in late February and all of March:  the start of storm season in the lower plains is blizzard season up there...

Latest forecast:

USD weather.jpeg

Hope the heating system is working well tomorrow night!! May be looking at sub-zero temps at game time.

2 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

Hope the heating system is working well tomorrow night!! May be looking at sub-zero temps at game time.

Wonder what the temps and the roads will mean for their crowd - lots of older fans in the stands in Vermillion and Brookings.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Wonder what the temps and the roads will mean for their crowd - lots of older fans in the stands in Vermillion and Brookings.

I was wondering the same thing. Those North(oops!) South Dakotans are tough, though. Sub-zero temps probably won't slow 'em down!

13 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

I was wondering the same thing. Those North Dakotans are tough, though. Sub-zero temps probably won't slow 'em down!

Yeah, but these are SOUTH Dakotans we're talkin' about - bunch o' chislic-eatin' wimps... 🤣

265px-Kegchislicsmall.jpeg

• Upvote 1

USD has lost four in a row and trailed Denver by 40-12 at halftime in their last game.  Have they thrown in their chips?  The wheels seem to be coming off their car.   I can't imagine their confidence is too high but the Coyotes are at home and would expect them to give ORU their best shot.  What do they have to lose? Not much

• Upvote 2