ORU vs. North Dakota (2/16/23)

Dr. Cornelius

UND is starting to figure things out and has averaged 83 points in their last three wins.  I would expect them to put up a good fight tonight as they are a big underdog and really have nothing to lose.  ORU just has too many weapons and should win by 85-75.  Summit League Champs has a nice ring to it! Go Eagles

• Upvote 2

UND is a very young team that shoots a lot of three pointers. We need to guard the perimeter and not let them get comfortable or go on a streak. They have won their last three games - two at home. Typically they are not a good team on the road, but opponents seem to really like playing at the Mabee Center. 

I hope we gain separation during the game and can coast to victory. 

• Like 1

So a 3-game win streak averaging 83 ppg is supposed to worry me?  That was at South Dakota and home against Denver and Omaha.  I'm not buying it.  We beat them by 12 at their place.  Looks like we are +19 on the betting line with o/u of 156.5.  I'll take ORU and the over (although our defense could keep it under).  ORU 92-65.

• Upvote 1

Some intelligent banter on the ND forum.  https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/34805-und-4-10-10-17-oru-14-0-23-4-7-pm-216/ 

I like this comment from sioux24/7:

"To me it all depends on how long ORU plays with their food. That’s been a common occurrence for them in the first half and just absolutely turning it on in the second half. Maybe they get caught playing with their food just a little too long tonight." 

How many are going to the game tonight?  The Mabee Center should have around 7-8,000 tonight!  Rock the house

3 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

How many are going to the game tonight?  The Mabee Center should have around 7-8,000 tonight!  Rock the house

Rock the house Big Blue Big Blue! Rock the house Big Blue! (throwback 😃)

I'll be there rockin' loud (especially for 3's, dunks, blocks, and bad calls). Getting in on the promotion tonight, so hopefully I can arrive early with my son and get as good a seat as possible...

• Upvote 1

UND may score 83 but Good Guys will score a lot more......ORU is going to KICK A$$......end of discussion....:shield-logo:

-19 is such a huge number I have a hard time picking the guys to cover BUT they certainly are capable.

I hope to see a double digit win with all starters sitting late and Williams, Amboree, etc getting minutes.

2 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

Rock the house Big Blue Big Blue! Rock the house Big Blue! (throwback 😃)

Expect to cut down the nets and confetti falling from on high!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Eli2004 said:

Is there somewhere to stream the game online tonight? I checked ESPN+ and they're not carrying it.

Nvm. I see it's on the ORU website.

• Upvote 1

How can we blow a 20+ point lead in the 2nd half?....TheEagleman hasn't been watching but this is ridiculous....very concerning at home vs. a bottom feeder like UND....😬

Well that was scary....two chances at the end for UND to tie but the shots didn't fall.....TheEagleman saw the 49-27 score at half and figured it was in the bag.....couldn't have been more wrong....a 34-8 run by UND gets them back in the game......can't wait to hear from the boys in attendence.....but yeah a win is a win and ORU is the #1 seed.....we will have to take it.....hope we play better vs. NDSU on Saturday Night.....:tb-blue:

ORU cutting down the Nets??????......i think I would wait until Sioux Falls.....just my take.......image.jpeg.71b14002fc9c06cb41b026485c4e992a.jpeg

I’ll be interested to hear what the people in the arena saw but it looked like UND was hitting tough shots all night. Also seemed like the good guys couldn’t buy a basket. Max missed several three point shots that were open. Also, could have used a little more Carlos in the 2nd half, there was no answer for him in the first half.

• Like 4