ORU vs. North Dakota (2/16/23)

Dr. Cornelius

It goes without saying that the key to winning vs UND is in guarding the three but then we say that almost every game in the Summit League.  Should be a good crowd and of course lots of excitement in the air tomorrow night!

On a side note: winning a Summit League Conference Championship is about the only thing missing from Max's profile at ORU.  He has pretty much accomplished everything else and of course a 2nd trip to the Big Dance would not hurt either!

Vegas will probably set ORU as a 20 point favorite in this game.....we beat UND by 12 last month and they are a disappointing 10-17 overall but are on a 3 game winning streak.....still the Fighting Hawks have only won 3 times on the road.....This battle of the Birds won't likely be pretty......Max should put in 30 or so and ORU rolls....Good Guys 94  UND 71.....:tb-blue:

• Upvote 1

watched the coaches show and adam mentioned the lower bowl was almost sold out.....should be a nice crowd

Mills: Max, DJ, Carlos, Kareem, and CV will all be honored on Saturday.....all have eligibility remaining.  conversations will be had after the season about which ones want to return

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

These are pretty cool!

Yes! I was just complaining about not getting free stuff like this. When I was a kid we had a closet full of foam balls and all sorts of freebies. I know there are costs to doing these things, but I think it's worth it to have memorabilia for fans to go home with. Grow the family! 

• Upvote 1

TheEagleman would fly out there for the weekend but a roundtrip flight is currently over $700....ouch!!! 😬

3 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman would fly out there for the weekend but a roundtrip flight is currently over $700....ouch!!! 😬

It wasn't 2 weeks ago when we told you to come this weekend.

• Haha 1

Yeah I know....it was $698 back then and still $722 today....would come with my grandson.....just a bit too pricey when you add hotel, rental car and food/expenses.....😬

ORU opens as a 19 point favorite versus the Hawks.  It is safe to say that this is the biggest home game in a while for the Golden Eagles.  Not sure if they clinched the title in 2012 at home but it has been a minute since ORU won the Summit League on its home court.  Do you think that there will be an offical celebration when they win tomorrow night?  Example: cutting down the nets, announcement by the P.A announcer, etc.  Maybe too early or on Senior Night.

No No No No cutting down nets til Sioux Falls...winning the regular season in the Summit gets you nothing but a #1 seed and a guaranteed NIT berth....😬

• Upvote 3

When NDSU clinched their first Summit League regular season title with a win over ORU in the Mabee Center, head coach Saul Phillips requested a ladder so their guys could cut down the nets.

He was advised that you simply don’t do that sort of thing on somebody else’s floor in a non-tournament situation. No ladder was provided.  #NouveauRiche

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Image GAME DAY, BABY!   :oru: :und: