MAJOR disappointment...

Guest EagleBackr

Very Simple Ash / Eaglebkr

I have pushed for 3 years to peak at the end of the season. Let them play now and gain the chemistry they need to finish the season and be ready for prime time. Hopefully, the coaching will also get better by the end of the season. In the last two games, time outs should have been called to stop the flow of the opponents. That is one of the reasons why you have a time out. Remember what Maryland did to stop our progress last year. Got a technical and called time out! Stopped us cold and we were winning. Good coaches know when to take a time out and interupt the flow. Look at Utah State. The coach would call time outs when we were winning the war and got his team right back in the game. Thats my take and I've been around the best being from Indiana. Bob Knight, Digger with N.D. and Bruce Pearl just to name a few.

I grew up watching Evansville with Jerry Sloan go 32 and 0 with Arad a Hall of Fame coach. Coach Sutton is young and still has a lot to learn. It will come but maybe not while at ORU. Remember our saying on this board. Wait until next year.We will have Adam and all those great recruits. :lol:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• tmh8286

• ashVID

• orumom

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EagleBackr
I have pushed for 3 years to peak at the end of the season. Let them play now and gain the chemistry they need to finish the season and be ready for prime time.

I'm not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with my posts, but your position on "playing now to gain chemistry" seems to support my argument for getting Marchello and Eric in the starting line-up NOW. If it works, great - we're a better team for it; if not, we have plenty of time to go back to the original line-up and by March all this will be be a distant memory...

EB, you may have already figured this out, but in regard to the Padre Island comment on the TU board, this afternoon CSTV broadcast the final of some tournament being held on Padre Island, between Illinois and Rutgers. The gym they were playing in looked about like Victory School's gym.

You are exactly right EB, however if we have the norm or the past experience we will not see enough of Eric or Marchello and I think that is a shame. I talked to the coach about 2 fives at the first of the season and he just did not respond. Hey, they get the big bucks to coach so let him coach. :wink:

I am indifferent to starting lineups, but would like to see substantial player rotations in the St. Gregory's game. Let's let Chello and Fowlkes get some playing time to establish a game rythym. It is a long season and we will need their contributions over the course of the year. The reality is that we have ten players available on the bench with four others red-shirting. It is doubtful that we will settle on a playing rotation greater than eight players - but it is possible. Depending on the match-ups we face, we could have substantially different players on the court.

The great thing is that we are having this debate.... it wasn't too long ago that our bench was a great deal lower in talent than our starting five. In fact, most of our present 'bench' players would have started on those teams.

You are absolutly right that we need to play 10 players now and establish the best for all kinds of match ups. There are times when I want to see Bluitt and other times Eric. To me Marchello should be playing more but I heard Sutton the other night on the coache's show talk about buying in. In to what? The team, the style of play, the coaches system? What is Marchello not buying? This guy is too good of a player not to have some playing time. 2 or 3 minutes a games will not allow him to buy in even if he wants too. Anyway we will see what happens on Tuesday night. :?:

When TU finally got rolling it was the upper classman leading the way and a couple younger guys getting comfortable with their roll. Get the young guys their minutes when the pressure is off, not by starting them...

ash =o)