ORU at North Dakota

theeagleman5

UND with zero turnovers and 9 made threes.  The Hawks do not look like the bottom team in the Summit League.  I cannot imagine they keep up those numbers in the second half.  

Get the ball into the big guy and jurgens and quit leaving the N D guys on the 3. Any other thoughts?

I believe ORU has not shot a single FT so clearly the refs are letting the boys play.  That is normally not a recipe for success for ORU.  We need some more offensive rebounds that lead to some easy buckets.

Once we take the lead, I think UND will start pressing and forcing bad shots.  So we need to get the lead to put some pressure on them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

I believe ORU has not shot a single FT so clearly the refs are letting the boys play.  That is normally not a recipe for success for ORU.  We need some more offensive rebounds that lead to some easy buckets.

Once we take the lead, I think UND will start pressing and forcing bad shots.  So we need to get the lead to put some pressure on them.

And no turnovers either

1 hour ago, lakesbison said:

Eagle?  double down on -6 ORU?

at least I broke even...  cripes.  2 points away from a hugger.  haha

Every conference win is a good win! ORU looked a little tired from the quick turnaround, but played consistent and just outmatched UND in nearly every way.

Go Eagles!

• Like 2

Connor really took over during that run with about 5 minutes to go.  I like seeing him hit a few hook shots, Kareem Abdul Jabbar is in the house!

ORU holds UND to two three point makes in the second half and that was basically the ball game.  The Eagles continue to be a very good second half team.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

I believe ORU has not shot a single FT so clearly the refs are letting the boys play. 

I believe that’s why Coach Mills drew the T at the end of the first half after Max drew a whistle. He had a point he wanted to make. 

Carlos had a big game, maybe his best of the season and first double double of his career.  Good to see the 5th year senior have a career game.  In fact he had 19 rebounds on this road trip, so maybe one of the coaches really challenged him to hit the boards.  

The only concern I have is with Patrick.  Anyone noticed he seems to be fouling too much and really struggling at the foul line?  Everyone has ups and downs but the Eagles need him to be an X factor once again.

TheEagleman will sit back tonight and enjoy 17-4....and hopefully an Eagles win over the NYG....🍷

I was super annoyed I couldn’t watch this one.  Being overseas, the only real option is on the ORU website or when the other team has a similar setup. 

imagine 3 ORU guys sitting around a closed pool bar at 4am getting play by plays on Twitter.