Coach Mills

dave

You wonder if Coach Mills really intended or not to alienate/aggrevate/etc. the entire state of South Dakota...

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

You wonder if Coach Mills really intended or not to alienate/aggrevate/etc. the entire state of South Dakota...

It’s only about 900,000 people fwiw

• Haha 3

On 3/2/2023 at 8:05 PM, Old Titan said:

If it's being used psychologically, I'm guessing it's the tried-and-true "Men, it's us against the world" trope, to prevent any over-confidence on the team's part.

Ecclesiastes 1:9 - "There is nothing new under the sun".

(particularly when it comes to coaches feeling it's necessary to play head games before critical contests)

51 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Ecclesiastes 1:9 - "There is nothing new under the sun".

(particularly when it comes to coaches feeling it's necessary to play head games before critical contests)

Well they were certainly focused last night!:)  

Even the Tulsa board had a few nice things to say. Well...not all of them! 🙂 But, what the heck else do they have to talk about? 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, ORUTerry said:

I like Goodman, but he’s wrong a lot on items like this

Doesn't (Dr.) Kevin Obanor have enough experience to take the job? 🙂 

15 hours ago, SonofaLegend said:

When I approached Mills on Sunday to have him sign a game ball I brought back from Sioux Falls (I bought it off a fan who won it as a prize in a Plinko game. After winning a game ball on his first attempt, he opted to try again and it landed in the same spot.) I was a bit nervous to bother him, but his face lit up and he smiled at me like I was a dear friend. 

I told him how proud I was of the season, and in typical Mills fashion he responded "Hey, we've got a long way to go, and a lot more to get done!" 

Understanding the opportunities that will be out there for him, I can't help but thinking it would be difficult to walk away now. How gratifying must it be, seeing your vision coming to fruition like it has? Is it the perfect time to cash in on his recent success, or are we still riding the elevator to the penthouse? 

All I can say is God bless PAUL MILLS. We love you coach! 🙏🏼

Coach Mills appeared almost giddy following the selection show on Sunday.

A few of us were headed down the hall near the bathrooms by the Press Room in the Mabee Center when Coach Mills and others were coming the other way.  He started to open the glass doors into the Athletic Department but stopped and shouted to us all with a big smile, "THANKS FOR COMING OUT, EVERYBODY, WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!"

To which my knee-jerk reaction was to think, "Who are you, and what have you done with Coach Mills??" 😉

You gotta admit, not his typical response to a crowd of people, and no one would have blamed him if he hadn't stopped, considering he was looking forward to a night-long film study of all things Duke.

It's almost like he couldn't wait to dive into the process, because he already thought this was a game he could win.

No, check that:  it was EXACTLY like he already thought this was a game he could win.

Hope the players get the same vibe from him as well!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

They all do have that same vibe, it trickles down to the assistant coaches. One of them I spoke to on Monday, and they believe we can win. That’s the first step. Now just have to execute the game plan!

• Upvote 1