The Mitchell Report (various installments 2022-23)

Old Titan

I was pretty harsh in my criticism of this author last week, and feel pretty sheepish about it now.  Absolutely tremendous article about Max, which is both well-deserved and greatly appreciated.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

I was pretty harsh in my criticism of this author last week, and feel pretty sheepish about it now.  Absolutely tremendous article about Max, which is both well-deserved and greatly appreciated.  

Me, too.  The guy can write. 

Still don't think he's any big fan of ORU, but he obviously appreciates Max.

49 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

I will also join the chorus of retractions.  That was a nice piece.

• 2 weeks later...

And then, there's this from Mr. Mitchell...

I'll say it again:  is it just me, or does this dude have a serious axe to grind when it comes to all things ORU?

Devotes 90% of his writing for the Summit League promoting alternatives to everything from Player Of The Year to who is the best team in the league.

#smh  #AnyoneButORU

Does this mean we should retract our retractions of previous criticism lodge against Mr. Mitchell?

• Haha 1

It's just annoying that Mitchell spends so much of his time floating ORU-alternative material. 

This is now the fourth player he's proposed as Summit League Player of The Year, and it's only January (Trent Massner, AJ Plitzuweit, Grant Nelson, and some dude named Kruz Perrot-Hunt for USD who just happened to have a couple of nice games one week). 

None of these guys have stats to compare with Max, especially in conference play and particularly in head-to-head match-ups.

A quick review of his Twitter posts since November paints a black-and-white history of his agenda:  promoting any Summit League school other than ORU, and any player other than Max:

Greg Mitchell Twitter

Again, he's entitled to his opinion on social media, but while being paid by the Summit League as their de facto "league insider"? 

I would hope for something/someone better...

• Upvote 2

Just tell Mitchell to stick it.....:hc_mills:

13 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

It's just annoying that Mitchell spends so much of his time floating ORU-alternative material. 

This is now the fourth player he's proposed as Summit League Player of The Year, and it's only January (Trent Massner, AJ Plitzuweit, Grant Nelson, and some dude named Kruz Perrot-Hunt for USD who just happened to have a couple of nice games one week). 

None of these guys have stats to compare with Max, especially in conference play and particularly in head-to-head match-ups.

A quick review of his Twitter posts since November paints a black-and-white history of his agenda:  promoting any Summit League school other than ORU, and any player other than Max:

Greg Mitchell Twitter

Again, he's entitled to his opinion on social media, but while being paid by the Summit League as their de facto "league insider"? 

I read the article and the tweet to mean: Massner is having a really good season, and would be considered a legitimate POY candidate in any other year, except that Max is so high in the stratosphere that Massner has no chance.  

To me, that isn’t negative to Max or ORU.  The guy works for the League, and needs to find stories about all ten schools, not just the clear front-runner and the consensus POY.   But, when he mentions an ORU player in a positive light (deservedly so) during an article on another player from another team, I see this as a “win”. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

I read the article and the tweet to mean: Massner is having a really good season, and would be considered a legitimate POY candidate in any other year, except that Max is so high in the stratosphere that Massner has no chance.  

To me, that isn’t negative to Max or ORU.  The guy works for the League, and needs to find stories about all ten schools, not just the clear front-runner and the consensus POY.   But, when he mentions an ORU player in a positive light (deservedly so) during an article on another player from another team, I see this as a “win”. 

See, the way I read it was, "This guy Massner is more deserving, but we're stuck with Max Abmas because he's so popular. Wishing it weren't so."

You and I really should do a podcast; the point/counterpoint of the proverbial glass being half full or empty is textbook programming.

Good Point GIF by Justin

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

He is entitled to his opinion, but he needs facts to back up his argument.

Otherwise, it is not even a good opinion much less a good argument.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Titan said:

See, the way I read it was, "This guy Massner is more deserving, but we're stuck with Max Abmas because he's so popular. Wishing it weren't so."

You and I really should do a podcast; the point/counterpoint of the proverbial glass being half full or empty is textbook programming.

While that would be incredibly fun for us, I’m pretty sure our inane banter would scare away multiple generations of potential ORU fans.  But the two hour segment on deadball rebounds would be riveting! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bottom Line, Mr. Mitchell.....South Dakota State are FRAUDS.......Image result for Cosmo Kramer

On 1/24/2023 at 3:35 PM, Old Titan said:

Good Point GIF by Justin

That brings to mind the Dan Akroyd/Jane Curtin skits on SNL.

Dan Aykroyd Saturday Night Live Pictures And Photos | Saturday night ...

Very funny but TheEagleman is guessing that Dan Akroyd's famous line in this skit would no longer be appropriate in 2023.....and TheEagleman is a guy who's middle name is INAPPROPRIATE.....😎

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, theeagleman5 said:

Very funny but TheEagleman is guessing that Dan Akroyd's famous line in this skit would no longer be appropriate in 2023.....and TheEagleman is a guy who's middle name in INAPPROPRIATE.....😎

Exactly! Of course, their skit was based on the 60 Minutes Point/Counterpoint with Shana Alexander and James Kilpatrick. They were very entertaining!

• Upvote 1