Kansas City at ORU

theeagleman5

1 minute ago, vcboy2000 said:

We were in his head the rest of the night. 

I loved it! 😄

Adam said their Coach even started arguing with some of the fans.  It looked like a good crowd tonight and I am guessing you guys got your money's worth!  ORU now 3-0 in close games this season.  Last year the Eagles lost a lot of those games including: overtime losses to SDSU and NDSU.  It is nice to start winning the close games.

Coach Mills said ORU was due to win one of these buzzer beaters after the Cal Baptist game from around 4 years ago.  I am guessing that Max will be able to sell a few Mid Court Max t shirts after tonight's shot.  Great to see him hit the big one.  

I love the refs emphatic "Count It!" Motions after the ball goes in. It was like, "Take That, KC!"

Also, whoever had the presence of mind to trigger the smoke cannons after the ball goes in was clutch too!

• Upvote 3

Maybe ORU should name the court after Max when he leaves.  After tonight's game, he should be ranked as a top five all time player at ORU.  It is easy to forget that before Max came to ORU, the Eagles had four straight losing seasons.  Now they are 67-40 since Max came on campus.  Big difference.

• Like 1

Anyone know where we can listen to a recording of the post-game radio?

Big win tonight because now every team has two losses.  If KC had won, then of course the Eagles and Roos would be tied in the conference standings.

When was the last time that ORU won a buzzer beater?  Do any of our ORU scholars remember?

Thompson missing the 2 FTs with 10 seconds left which basically would have iced the game really a killer then as mentioned ORU still with a 3 point lead and a few seconds left and we inexplicably don't commit a foul to take away the 3 point attempt......really could have cost us the game.....that was the old Scott Sutton philosophy.....and TheEagleman still doesn't like it.....Image result for George Costanza

• Upvote 1

But that said.......if we play the last 10 seconds the way TheEagleman wanted.....that Max winning bomb  never happens....one of the great moments in ORU basketball of this century and yeah, Max is closing in on Top 5 status for ORU players all time.....the kid is clutch.....I will give him that.....perhaps the last buzzer beater at Mabee Center for ORU since Michael Craion vs. Missouri?....my aging memory cant recall another more recent one......:tb-blue:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kareem missing those two late free throws was a head scratcher.  Before that, he was 11-11 from the free throw line.  KC played one of their best games of the season and ORU struggled, so to get a win is huge.  Besides Max and Connor, the Eagles looked flat.  Wonder if the week-long holiday had anything to do with it?  They looked out of character agaisnt Omaha after 10 days off for Christmas break.  Eagles seem out of sorts when they have these long breaks.

• Upvote 2