at Denver

dave

So, is there any way to watch the Denver game besides paying the monthly fee to join their network?

Not that I can find.  The game doesn't show up on ESPN+ which makes sense as Denver has their own broadcast behind a paywall.

Excited to head up to Denver for the game tomorrow.  Is anyone else going?  Hard to judge this one as ORU has been an up and down team since the Liberty game.  However the Eagles are on an 8 game win streak, which is even better than the March run in 2021 (7 in a row).  I am hoping that ORU can ring in the New Year with a victory.

Happy New Year everybody.  May we all have life and life more abundantly in 2023! Go ORU

• Like 4

This game is a tough turnaround in just over 36 hours and Denver not around the corner from Omaha.....plus the time change and altitude.....and I don't think it's fair of the Summit League to allow a 2pm afternoon start on the 2nd game of a trip....not fair for the visiting teams.....although this one might backfire on the host team who had to go 3 OTs last night to get the win over KC.....they will have to be sucking wind.....so maybe that evens things out for the Good Guys.....this will be a tough game as Denver is 10-5 and not a bad team at all.....TheEagleman still has to watch a little more film before making a prediction but expecting ORU will be about a 4-5 point favorite.....🍺

Obviously ORU is a work in progress, but I believe this team has the maturity to win in tough situations. This one qualifies. Denver appears to be on the rise and the altitude may make it hard on the Eagles. It certainly is a game  they could lose, but I believe they will pull it out. 

Denver is a tall team that rebounds the ball well. They grabbed 47 rebounds last night to KC’s 34 (12 to 10 in offensive rebounds). The Pioneers are 6th in the nation in getting to the free throw line (26.3 per game). I assume they are aggressive in dribble penetration. They shot 36 free throws last night versus KC’s 18. That was a huge factor in the game. 

Denver does not take a lot of 3 point shots. They only took 14 (made 5) last night in the triple OT game. They had 7 blocks and committed 15 turnovers. 

The big stat that you mentioned Terry is the 15 turnovers that Denver committed last night.  If ORU can force turnovers and turn this game into a track meet then it favors the Eagles big time.  If the game is more half court and Denver can use its size to take over the paint, well then ORU is in for a long night.  This is a good game to give Sir Isaac some playing time to help with defense and rebounding.  

Besides Connor's height, this team really lacks size at every position and would expect Denver to exploit these mismatches.  Most nights the Eagles will be the smaller team on the floor, which means you have to use your speed to cause turnovers on defense.  

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

but expecting ORU will be about a 4-5 point favorite.....🍺

I would expect double that - a spread in the 8-10 range.  I’m not saying that ORU will cover at that level, but just guessing where the line will begin.  

Omaha tried to isolate our guards (Abmas, McBride, Phipps) down low when they could. Wonder if we will try a zone against Denver to mitigate this as well as their dribble penetration? Of course that would hurt our rebounding. 

You are right TrueBlue....ORU -9.5 which is too pricy for TheEagleman on the road....I think Good Guys win but could be another close one....ORU 85 Denver 81....🤑

13 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

You are right TrueBlue....ORU -9.5 which is too pricy for TheEagleman on the road....I think Good Guys win but could be another close one....ORU 85 Denver 81....🤑

Aren't you still in gambling time-out?

• Haha 2

Like last year, I purchased the Denver All-Access for $9.95 and canceled before the next month's bill came due. I'm doing the same this year. My wife and I will both be watching, so that's $5 per person. Also, I just watched the last 18 minutes of the Denver vs KC game (3 minutes of regulation and 15 minutes of 3 overtime periods). It was an exciting 18 minutes of basketball, and the third OT came down to the wire. ORU will have their hands full in Denver, but I think they should win by an uncomfortable margin. 

• Upvote 1

Yes...hard to believe but TheEagleman has given up gambling. Wager info provided here is for fun only....Go Blue!! 😎

• Haha 1

Reviewing their game by game stats. The Pioneers are 5-1 at home and generally shoot a lot more free throws than their opponents on their home court. The keys to the game: keeping them off the free throw line, creating turnovers and rebounding the ball. They are tall - so we might see Herron on the court. 

This is an important game to win for conference play and to maintain momentum - especially from a PR/ranking perspective. We will be heavily favored next week against St. Thomas and WIU. It would be nice to go into the New Mexico game on a roll. 

• Upvote 4

ORU kicking some serious A$$ today...guess they followed the scouting report....🤩

Easy 80-62 victory with four guys in double figures led by Max with 17... ORU now 12-3....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!:shield-logo:

• Upvote 3

Good Guys win another one for Old Titan to help him feel better in his recovery........and Max's parents drove all the way to Denver in December?  Gutsy....i guess they must really love their son to make a trip like that.....God Bless Max!!   ORU begins 2023 on a 9 game winning streak.....it's been a long time since the Golden Eagles have had a double digit streak...at least a decade for sure.....what a way to finish out 2022.....helps to ease the pain of double digit inflation and $3.75 a gallon gas......😉