South Dakota State 12/19/22

Old Titan

ORU up 19 and not playing with their A game....meanwhile Zeke/Zack Mayo playing like Richard Gere......😃

• Haha 2

That was a butt kicking.....Jacks are awful.....ORU could have won by 50+ .....and by the way....TheEagleman doesn't like these home unis....prefer some BLUE numbers please.....but if that's all I have to complain about then i can hit the hay a happy man....time for another egg nog.....Bring on the Coyotes!!! :circle-logoi:

Just a clinic tonight by the good guys!  We have been waiting for the defense to come around and it was excellent tonight.  A lot of guys stepped up: DJ, Carlos, Kareem and Patrick to name a few.  How does ORU win by 39 and Max only scores 8?  This team has a lot of depth.

We finally had a Sir Isaac sighting tonight.  He looks bigger but still athletic.  Grabbed a few rebounds but looked rusty on offense.  To be expected.  I still think he can help the team during conference play.  Great job Eagles!

TheEagleman can't wait to hear what a certain ex Mabee Center employee has to complain about with this result....I know the Jacks have injuries but this was way too easy ....is it possible that we entering the Golden Era of Paul Mills basketball at 81st and Lewis?? 🤩

Tonight's game was maybe the best defensive effort that a Paul Mills team has ever had.  The stats are just off the charts.  Any thoughts on why such a great improvement in one game?  Yes SDSU is still finding their way but it was more than that.

One thing I loved about tonight is that when we up 30 in the second half with most of the starters still in, they were all still giving maximum effort. If our shots had been falling a little better we could have won by 60. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As OT said late in the game, I want to see Mwamba, Weaver and Herron in the game at the same time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If this is really the best competition that the Summit has to offer this year . . . I can’t let myself think that. SDSU was frozen on the floor tonight. It can’t be that they’re always that bad, right?

Before tonight's game, Max and Issac had a combined average of 31.8 PPG. Tonight they combined for only 14 of the team's 79 points. To me that's very encouraging. I loved watching this TEAM, including the 8 guys who came off the bench.  Max's stats were still impressive: FG: 3-6 (I can't remember the last time he made 50% of his shots); REB: 4; AST: 6. As the old saying goes: Defense wins championships, and our defense continues to improve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

When Connor hits threes and mid range jumpers, as he did tonight, then the Summit League is in for a long year.  He also held SDSU's center to a big fat zero and Matt D. (center) is a fifth year senior.  We know the Eagles back court is talented but if the front court continues to play strong, then this team has unlimited potential.

Looking forward to re-watching this game tomorrow on the ORU Sports Network!

6 hours ago, ORob1 said:

The "Condor"...I like that a lot.😁

Certainly fitting! Condor led both teams in scoring tonight!

• Like 1