Oklahoma at ORU

theeagleman5

27 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

The NCAA allows D-I institutions to have a maximum of 11.7 scholarships which can be divided among a maximum of 27 players.  ORU has the maximum 11.7 scholarships fully funded.  How those are divided up I do not know.  However, understand that we fully fund the same amount of NCAA permitted scholarships as LSU, OSU, OU or any other P-5 team.  Beyond those scholarships we offer every student a "Whole Person Scholarship" which applies not only to the baseball team but everyone who attends ORU.  Next, we are at the top of the Summit as far as our baseball budget is concerned and with many of the teams our budget is close to being or actually being 2X what the other schools spend.  Then there is the fact that this program has the richest history of any team in the Summit, including having the overall No. 1 draft pick, have been to the Super Regional on more than one occasion and has also been to the College World Series.  So please, just stop with the excuses.  This program has been on the slide doing a slow fade for a number of years.  Coach Folmar and his staff may be nice guys but are not even close to having this team play the way the team did in the past.  If we do not win the Summit or make the Big Dance this year then it is time for a change.  

They sure had some good teams when we were at ORU

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, ORU82 said:

The NCAA allows D-I institutions to have a maximum of 11.7 scholarships which can be divided among a maximum of 27 players.  ORU has the maximum 11.7 scholarships fully funded.  How those are divided up I do not know.  However, understand that we fully fund the same amount of NCAA permitted scholarships as LSU, OSU, OU or any other P-5 team.  Beyond those scholarships we offer every student a "Whole Person Scholarship" which applies not only to the baseball team but everyone who attends ORU.  Next, we are at the top of the Summit as far as our baseball budget is concerned and with many of the teams our budget is close to being or actually being 2X what the other schools spend.  Then there is the fact that this program has the richest history of any team in the Summit, including having the overall No. 1 draft pick, have been to the Super Regional on more than one occasion and have also been to the College World Series.  So please, just stop with the excuses.  This program has been on the slide doing a slow fade for a number of years.  Coach Folmar and his staff may be nice guys but are not even close to having this team play the way the team did in the past.  If we do not win the Summit or make the Big Dance this year then it is time for a change.  

ORU82, Unfortunately, I agree with your assessment of the baseball program. I know nothing of the scholarship availability or the budget that ORU allots to the baseball program. However, speaking from a tradition, facilities and overall athletic program perspective alone, ORU should and needs to field a dominate product on the diamond. Treading water in the Summit League and accepting the fact that one or two of the programs have elevated their level of play in recent years is not acceptable. If the Golden Eagles do not finish this season extremely strong, I would not be surprised if this is Coach Folmar's last season leading the gold and blue. 

• Upvote 2

I'm curious...if given the choice, would you (A) rather have a decent baseball program, like how we are now, with the current coach? 

Or, would you prefer (B) to have a dominant team, similar to 15 years ago, with a person like Sunny Golloway as the head coach? 

Only two choices. A or B. What is your answer? 

B......TheEagleman will take a dominant winning program with the AHole Coach....heck, I don't have to deal with him....lol......😜

• Haha 1

B.  Better yet, how about another Larry Cochell?  In the ten years he was our HC he took the team to the NCAA's 7 years including the College World Series and managed to have the overall No. 1 pick in the draft.  Having another Rob Walton would not be bad either.  

• Like 1

Given just those two choices.....A. 

We need to make sure the  leadership in our athletic programs are people of character and spiritual maturity. Essential to our purpose.  

• Like 1

So just to understand....you are saying that Sunny had no character or spiritual maturity???....😜

5 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

So just to understand....you are saying that Sunny had no character or spiritual maturity???....😜

I apologize to Sonny and the people on this board. My statement regarding his spirituality and character were out of line. Thank you, Eagleman for calling me on that. I am always appreciative of the Christian leadership our coaches bring to the ORU teams and I allowed myself to make a judgement on someone I do not know.

3 hours ago, dave said:

I apologize to Sonny and the people on this board. My statement regarding his spirituality and character were out of line. Thank you, Eagleman for calling me on that. I am always appreciative of the Christian leadership our coaches bring to the ORU teams and I allowed myself to make a judgement on someone I do not know.

Ah, don’t be so hard on yourself, Dave - you weren’t wrong. 

• Haha 2

Yeah Dave....TheEagleman was joking. Never met Sunny but from everything heard from OT and others you werent wrong about his character at ORU...and then there was the Auburn debacle...but ORU was a top 30 team during his tenure. So pick your poison....😬