ORU at OSU

Texasgrip

I thought OSU pitchers were getting some home cookin on the strike zone in the early extra innings. But yeah, Jakob Hall was outstanding!

Blowing an 8 run lead is inexcusable even against the 3rd ranked team in the nation....but putting up a 6 spot in the 12th shows a ton of heart and resilience for the Good Guys.....hey, Coach Fulmar....More Jakob Hall #44, please.....that kid shows that he can get people out which is a much needed commodity in the ORU bullpen.....hopefully our Golden Eagles will have some runs left for NDSU over the weekend at JLJ.....that's a HUGE series.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

10 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Blowing an 8 run lead shows you where this ORU squad is at....just not good enough....😯

9 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

ORU...what a team!!!...Love it!! 😎

Hey look.....TheEagleman is an emotional fan.....just saying what's on my mind at the time.....never said it has to make any sense.....😜:shield-logo:😜

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Hey look.....TheEagleman is an emotional fan.....just saying what's on my mind at the time.....never said it has to make any sense.....😜:shield-logo:😜

orusports.com would be nothing without theeagleman

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Blowing an 8 run lead is inexcusable even against the 3rd ranked team in the nation....but putting up a 6 spot in the 12th shows a ton of heart and resilience for the Good Guys.....hey, Coach Fulmar....More Jakob Hall #44, please.....that kid shows that he can get people out which is a much needed commodity in the ORU bullpen.....hopefully our Golden Eagles will have some runs left for NDSU over the weekend at JLJ.....that's a HUGE series.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

Jakob Hall's ERA before this game was around 9.  Hopefully this will be a turning point for him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Eagleman you remind of the now retired local sportswriter Randy Galloway who also had a talk radio show. He named his shows on the day after Cowboys games “Overreaction Monday.”  Galloway was always opinionated and always entertaining as are you my friend. Keep the hot sports opinions coming! 

Awesome win!!! Hopefully, that will give us a little momentum as we come back to JLJ and we better see a lot more of young Mr. Hall, that kids a player!!!

• Like 1

What I liked about Hall was that he showed no fear.

Time will tell whether he has good enough stuff to survive being fearless, but last night he threw the exact pitch that was warranted in virtually every situation, and he executed them perfectly. 

It was just really cool watching a guy operate who knew HOW to pitch.

Here’s hoping his arm can cash the checks* his brain writes.

*For those under 30, “checks” were a popular form of paper instrument utilized in financial transactions before the advent of debit cards, bank drafts, PayPal, Venmo and Bitcoin.  Google it… 👴🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for your kind words, Maniac....TheEagleman is appreciative.....and yeah, Hall has a high ERA but only 12 total innings this season....if that kid can go in vs. the #3 team in the nation on the road and throw 3 scoreless innings...well, that impresses me....the kid has some talent and stones.....and a nice crowd of over 4000 listed in the attendance last night although i am sure many had gone home by extra innings.....that was a long 5 hour game.....but a big win for ORU.....very proud of the boys for hanging in....🍺

• Like 1

Personally I’m praying that Hall is not the Marchello Vealy of the 2022 baseball season. 

The kid looked legit against a strong line up. 

An interesting point the OSU announcers wove their way into during extra innings is how ORU was able to play a consistent batting order  throughout the game because of our large lead earlier in the game. OSU on the other hand had massive substitutions as they tried to manufacture offense and energy. At one point I think their last legitimate catcher caught a hard wild pitch in the leg. Another time they commented that a player coming off an injury might have been playing sooner than the coaching staff would have preferred.

One I found it interesting that the OSU coaching staff wanted to win that game that badly. Two it shows on the power of an early lead and the pressure it puts on your opponent.  

Otis, my man!!.....excellent analysis, sir.....and  TheEagleman finds it amazing that ORU holds a 39-37 lead in the all time series with OSU....that's quite a feather in our cap vs. an historically good Power 5 program.....amazing that area schools like OU, Tulsa, Arkansas and KU really don't want to play us in any sport but when they do they just have to beat us and badly......I take my hat off to the OSU Cowboys who seem not afraid to play ORU in any sport and prove how much fun the rivalries can be......could be that we had our AD, basketball coach and baseball coach were alums from Stillwater for many of the past 25 years.....but still......😎

Two big wins this year for ORU baseball against top 5 teams: Mississippi and now OSU!

Then we choke over and over against the Sisters of the Blind and any other D-I bottom feeder we can schedule.  Sorry, just venting.

That is sports in general, so up and down but hey that is why probaly most of us like it.   You never know how your team or teams are going to do each season.  One day they beat a top team and the next week they lose unexpectedly.  Example: Arkansas basketball fan here (as you might know) and the Hogs lost to Bucknell and Vandy at home, then they go on a run and make the Elite 8 this year.  It's not to late for the baseball team to still have a good season.

• Upvote 2

Winning against OU, Ole Miss, OSU and other P5 mid-week games doesn't do us any good unless we take care of business in the conference.  We are a one-bid conference and we don't do that great away from home.  If we don't take care of business at home, we don't host the tournament and lose that advantage in getting back to the regionals. 

We have lost two conference series at home and we don't have a return (away) series with NDSU this year, so NDSU has the tie-breaker against us.  We will need help from the other conference brethren to have a chance to leap-frog NDSU.  We still hold our destiny against UNO and SDSU since we have to travel to their places; however, that will still be a tough road to hoe (if it is even possible) to gain the #1 seed and host the 2023 baseball tournament.  We MUST win out!

• Upvote 1

Hope ORU bats have some fireworks going tonight besides the Post Game ones....😎