Pacific at ORU

theeagleman5

What a week; arguably the most dominant stretch of baseball in program history over a similar time period, and that's saying something. 

Hitting, pitching, defense - "all systems are go" right now.

Space Launch System Fire GIF by NASA

It's too early to tell if this team is "special." So far, the wins are against lower level competition, with the exception of MSU. Let's see how it goes against the OU's, OSU's and DBU's then we will know what the Eagles are made of. With that said, it sure has been fun watching this team play well in all facets of the game, thus far. They look sharp and talented.

BTW, are they still doing that thing where the first base coach puts something in their mouth when they get to first base. If so, in my opinion, they need to stop that. It looks silly and juvenile. What happened to a good ol' baseball pat on the butt or fist bump or "atta baby."  

4 hours ago, dave said:

BTW, are they still doing that thing where the first base coach puts something in their mouth when they get to first base. If so, in my opinion, they need to stop that. It looks silly and juvenile. What happened to a good ol' baseball pat on the butt or fist bump or "atta baby."  

I haven’t been to a game in person to confirm it, but on the ORUSN broadcast it did appear that a “gummie” was awarded after a hit.  While I agree that it looks more like little league than D1 baseball, with the successful start to the season I’d say “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.  

We will see just how special this ORU team is next weekend at #2 Ole Miss in Oxford....the Rebels are seriously good and aren't they the defending champs??😬

6 hours ago, dave said:

I understand your point but sometimes juvenile keeps the team loose. The Nationals sang Baby Shark all the way to the World Series. 

Ha-ha. True. It juts looks like kinda wierd. If it helps, do it, I guess.

Eagleman, glad that you threw in Ole Miss as a determining factor into how good this year's team is. No doubt those three games will be a true test. Let's go Eagles!!