Wichita State at ORU

theeagleman5

A beautiful 75 degree day in South Tulsa for some baseball this afternoon.....2-6 WSU vs. 5-2 ORU at JLJ......but the Shockers did beat Pepperdine and Iowa over the weekend at a tournament in Texas.....this is always a good matchup but Wichita State has won the last four games.....Time to put an end to that streak.......GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo:

• Like 1

Just logged into the stream.

Hey Shockers, the 1970s Pittsburgh Pirates called. They want their uniforms back. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah....they are the old Bucs unis from 40-50 years ago.....ugly too......love our blue jerseys with the ORU block letters.....ORU leaves 2 more on base in the 1st....ugh.....🙄

BOOM!!!   2 run jack by Cox....2-0...😎

Just now, theeagleman5 said:

BOOM!!!   2 run jack by Cox....2-0...😎

His first of the year!

Love our aggressiveness on the base paths. 

16 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Yeah....they are the old Bucs unis from 40-50 years ago.....ugly too......love our blue jerseys with the ORU block letters.....ORU leaves 2 more on base in the 1st....ugh.....🙄

Mad props to the Shockers if they bring a sledgehammer to the on deck circle alla Willie Stargell. 

Cox has 3 RBI now.....3-1 Good Guys in the 4th.....:tb-white:

WSU slam....ouch!......5-3 in the 5th...and TheEagleman has to run some errands....lol....😎

Yea that smarts. I’ll try to step in Eagleman. 

Holy Cow!  Bases loaded, no outs in the top of the 6thand the Golden Eagles get out of the jam without giving up any runs.  Good fielding and, I'll call it, opportunistic pitching.  Loftin hits a homer on the first pitch in the bottom of the frame to get within one.  

GEagles explode for 8 runs in the bottom of the 6th after masterfully escaping the bases-loaded, no-out jam in the top half of the frame.

Really impressed with how aggressive this roster has been the past few games; but not free-swinging.  Instead, getting ahead in counts and jumping on mistake pitches as they present themselves.

Guess those 20 men left-on-base in the opener with Tennessee Tech should have been considered a harbinger of things to come offensively, and not necessarily a reminder of past offensive woes. #GlassHalfFull

49 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Guess those 20 men left-on-base in the opener with Tennessee Tech should have been considered a harbinger of things to come offensively, and not necessarily a reminder of past offensive woes. #GlassHalfFull

I believe TrueBlue82 made the point in the Tennessee Tech thread that the 20 men stranded could be a positive sign. 

Hey ORU40!  Did you see what OT did with that hashtag?  Gotta love it.  Can we make signatures on this board?

#GlassHalfFull

Good Guys win 11-6, keep it up Golden Eagles.  As for the Buccos, I am a life long Pirates fan having been born and raised in the tri-state region where I still live.  As for Willie "Pops" Stargell I can still remember Bob "The Gunner" Price calling all our games on KDKA radio and when Willie would crush one Price would comment "And that's chicken on the hill with Will."  Loved those days. 

4 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

Good Guys win 11-6, keep it up Golden Eagles.  As for the Buccos, I am a life long Pirates fan having been born and raised in the tri-state region where I still live.  As for Willie "Pops" Stargell I can still remember Bob "The Gunner" Price calling all our games on KDKA radio and when Willie would crush one Price would comment "And that's chicken on the hill with Will."  Loved those days. 

We Are Family!

TheEagleman is pleased with this comeback win....time for a Peach Brandy.....🍷

22 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Hey ORU40!  Did you see what OT did with that hashtag?

I saw that Otis, very well played OT!  You may have to consider a new handle Otis- GlassHalfFull83, a little wordy... think about it!  

Very well played by the Eagles today as well. Great day for a ballgame, I'll be heading out to beautiful Johnson stadium soon.

Go Eagles!!!